Someone please help!! Very frustrated

Started by 2friedfish, January 25, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2friedfish

Hello all, so I need help figuring out what I'm doing wrong here,

So I have 4 cakes in my terrarium right now, 3 1/2 pint and a regular sized jar cake,

2 of the half pints have been in there for like 2 or 3 weeks with only 1 having maybe 4 or 5 aborts and after that it sat for like a week with no pins or anythong so i dunked and rolled it again, and still nothing, and the other hasn't done anything yet, my temp is at 75 to 82 constantly and humitity is 95 to 99 the whole time, I can't figure out what is the deal.

My bigger cake had a decent flush for my first time grow, but now idk what to do, I harvested yesterday and left some of the smaller pins on, am I supposed to leave it be till another flush comes in or dunk and roll it again and take the pins off?

Please any help is greatly appreciated :) good vibes everyone

MoGrow

2 weeks is acceptable, 3 weeks is pushing it, What type of FC are they in? did you let them colonizes for a week after 100%? what fanning/misting shcedule are you runnin on? can you post a few pics of your set up ? would help tons.

On a side note its recomended to skip the roll afterthe first dunk n roll. The verm creates a microclimate for the contam spores that land on it while its fruiting the 1st flush. That being said i have seen great results from cakes that were rolled on the second flush.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

2friedfish

Just a couple of plastic Rubbermaid bins with perlite on the bottom, I mist maybe like twice a day if I need too, they only have a couple tiny holes for air exchange but I hand fan them whenever I check on them, I let them sit in the jar for like 3 days after 100% since they been colonizing for so long, I'll get pictures up

You mean recommended to skip on the very first roll? Or the one after my flush,
I've only been able to get one jar to fruit out of like 7 or 8,
I read somewhere you have to re-dunk it after you scrape the Verm and pins off with a fork but it hasn't worked, I tried it with a half pint 

MoGrow

Peralite is useless if your FC isnt designed right, you need 1/4" holes every 2 inches in a grid pattern on all 4 sides +top and bottom with 4-5 inches of perlite for it to function properly.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp