Inoculating with print?

Started by Alexcc629, January 24, 2013, 04:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexcc629

Hey everyone I'm new to all this figure I'd look to the Internet world but my question is this I've only seen jars inoculated with syringes but all I can get my hands on is a print how would I innoculate with the print Like how much am I supposed to scrape off and do I just throw it on top of my mix in the jar? Or am I supposed to push it down into the mix like a seed? Thanks!

MoGrow

you cant inoc PF with a print. you have to make a syringe. just get an empty syringe and needle. Boil water in a pot on the stove for 10 min, while boiling suck 10CC's of water into the syringe, let it sit for 2 min then squirt it in the sink, repeat 3 times on the 4th draw fill the syringe with still boiling water cap it an let it cool, procede to make a spore syringe using whatever tek you choose.

If you cant get ahold of a syringe, you can go to walmart and get a flavor injector and use it. I wouldnt use it as a permanent replacement for standard 1.5" needle 10CC syringes tho. But in a bind go at it.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Cacophonyhead

Recently I have had success with warming up 250ml of distilled H2O and adding 1tbsp of Karo. Mix in a mason. Have just a tiny hole in the lid and cover with micropore tape. Cover lid with tinfoil and stick in over at 200*F for 1 hour. After your solution cools down, scrape in spores and stick jar in incubator. Swirl jar around every day and you'll find in a couple days myc will start growing. You can suck the myc up with a syringe and repeat the process to create your working jar, or noc up a BRF cake or grain jar. :ph34r:

MoGrow

I was wrong apparantly you can inoc a cake with a print and no syringe but you need to do it in a SAB and you cant use a dry verm layer .. you make the cake as per pftek - verm layer , sterlilize as usual, you lid should have a single 1/4" hole in the center of the lid covered with tyvek, SFD, Craft Felt, or stuffed wit h polyfil, which ever filter method you choose.
after sterlization place in your SAB with print and innoc loop then iopen your jar scrape a small section of the print in the jar on top of the BRF mix close lid and wait.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp