How important is RH in fruiting

Started by Combatkarl1627, January 28, 2013, 12:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combatkarl1627

I had a quick question about RH , my cakes ya I know no one likes cakes but I don't wanna just toss this batch... Anyways my temp is around 74-76 during the day but falls into low 70s during the night, also I can't seem for the life of me to get my RH above 70-75% , I have 4 in perlite and a bubbler in there with a heater(waiting for repti humidifier to arrive) for now but nothing seems to push up to those higher numbers , I also most and fan about 3 times daily and have a 18 6700 k flourescent on top of my lid .... Is this set up the reason for my slow or stalling growth?

Thoughts anyone ?

MoGrow

What type of FC is it ? I still grow cakes, Granted there for testing agar isos but i still use em. how are you measuring your RH? are the teps you report with or without the heater and if there with what would the teps be with out ?
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

i am measuring rh with one of those repti hydrometers and its around 78 % highest ive seen ... that temp is with the heater , heater is at between 78-85 , and even with that on im only reaching about 76.5 during the day , i have a digital themo that the probe sits in the chamber...

MoGrow

what type of FC is it. and what are your ambient temps (room temp) IME hydrometers do a pretty shit job of monitoring RH in a constantly sprayed environment, that being said i havent tried using a repti hydrometer, i use cigar hydrometers. but still mine read between 92-98% i just dont trust it.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

Oh I see , the Amb. Is usually 64 at night maybe 67-70 during the day , ya I mean it looks humid and feels humid in there in at a good solid 2 weeks in fruiting and still have nothing , btw I can get pics but I don't know a good hosting site, my iPod camera photos are too large!

Combatkarl1627

Or shoot me an email. My address is on my fungi fun account

Combatkarl1627