Mushroom cultivation > PF - Tek

Fruiting Chamber questions?!?!

(1/5) > >>

FadedFungus:
Here are a few questions I have been wondering about.  I have read a few conflicting answers to these problems so I was wondering if any of you smart cultivators could shed some light on this for me. Thank you for your time and input! -- Happy growing.

1)What are the temp ranges and humidity levels do you keep your F.C. at when fruiting?  (I've read about 4 conflicting theories on this)

2)Can I directly mist the cakes or should I just spray the walls and let it drip down?

3)I have a closet I can put these in....should I buy a humidifier and keep the ambient R.H. at 99?? ( I have the cakes on a layer of perlite and It seems to stay in the >85% range)

4)How important is Air exchange and CO2 levels to get the cakes to pin? What should I do to encourage pinning?

Cacophonyhead:
When I first started I was confused with all the contradictions too. I only did two SGFC's before switching to only monotub, but heres what I did:

1. I just fruit at room temp which is pretty steady at 70F. With the misting, it would keep my RH in the 90's.

2. I never misted directly on the cakes, I always misted the walls. However, now using monotub, I'm sure dropletts of H2O fall from the lid on to the fruits and I've had no problems. You just dont want H2O to pool on the cakes.

3. I never used a humidifier. Seemed like a waste of money. RH should stay up from the misting.

4. FAE is important, I would manually mist and fan the FC with its lid 3 times a day.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :mellow:

FadedFungus:
Those are all great answers..I was thinking along the same lines.   70F is what my room stays at all the time ..sometimes maybe jumps up to 74 depending on what Im doing... I am waiting on a reply from MoGrow and then I will put these cakes in my FC. I will keep you guys posted with pics...

Cacophonyhead:
Cool! Ya keep us posted!  :mellow:

MoGrow:

1)What are the temp ranges and humidity levels do you keep your F.C. at when fruiting?  (I've read about 4 conflicting theories on this)

Room Temp here its between 65 - 75F, and im not sure about my RH, I used a hydrometer for the first grow but there fairly unreliable, if your SGFC is built to spec and your ambient RH is ~30+ your chaimber will stay at 90+ np, given you have 5-6" of damp perlite and your 6-12" off the wall.

2)Can I directly mist the cakes or should I just spray the walls and let it drip down?

I mist my cakes directly, tho i do it from about 6-12" above and outside the SGFC and i spray vertically so the water mists down on the cakes i dont spray at them, when im done misting my cakes and shroomies are glistening, then you need to fan for a min to fast track the evap process.

3)I have a closet I can put these in....should I buy a humidifier and keep the ambient R.H. at 99?? ( I have the cakes on a layer of perlite and It seems to stay in the >85% range)

Kind of answered in the first question but i wouldnt put them in a closet SGFC's are designed to work off the natural air currents in the room there in, theres not much air flow in a closet.

4)How important is Air exchange and CO2 levels to get the cakes to pin? What should I do to encourage pinning?

SGFC's require alot of this and its fairly important youll need to fan 5-6x a day and mist 3-4x

GL and keep us posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version