Seamonkey tek!

Started by catnip23, February 16, 2013, 09:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catnip23

Well hello all. I've grown gourmets using BRC and popcorn tek. Sadly in the old home I live in, sterility is impossible to achieve so it was never worth it.
Recently my mom passed after being cared for in our home and we were left with many medical supplies, including several solutions in IV bags. Because I'm a huge fan of upcycling, I decided to try knocking up a 3 saline bags with corn syrup and various spores. SUCCESS!! We now have seamonkeys that are starting to mate!
I will be getting access to dextrose solution 1000ML IV bags and am going to try skipping the middle man (the corn syrup is a BITCH to get into the port) and knocking up the dextrose itself.

Yay for revolutionary ideas.

Just thought I'd pop in here and share with the class!
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cybergrl23

Cacophonyhead

Hey now, this is some interesting stufg! Please keep us posted on your experiment!
Good fortune to you!  :mellow:

catnip23

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to process this 30cc turned into 3000ML's of mycelium! I can just attach luerlock tubing and put this solution somewhere in a sterile fashion but I'm not sure what to put it into for fruiting. Somebody's gotta have a suggestion out there in internetland??

:)

MoGrow

I use a brf pftek jar to test my living cultures, i use GLC tho not LC's same testing tho.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp