monotub ?????'s

Started by Combatkarl1627, February 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combatkarl1627

hey guys my tubs just began to pin pretty good start i will post pics .

but i had a few questions .....

after your first flush how to you get your second flush to start with a monotub? do you dunk ? ect?

also i have a almost full colonized mad bad from TMS , these are suppose to be invitro ... has anyone had success with these and if not i was thinking of breaking the spawn into a mono... i think the mad bag has WBS but im not sure and they dont say when purchasing ... so im wondering what is a good mix if i go the mono route using the bag as spawn...????

MoGrow

growing  amono then doing an inviro bag is a step backwards IMO, id spawn it to bulk.

after first flush harvest i put my tub in the shower and fill it to my fae holes at substrate lvl then i let water flow lightly over the top of the sub for about 3 hours then i drain it fan it lid it and wait.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

Ya I was planning on going bulk with the mad bag , but was wondering a good recipe for substrate? I just used coir n vermiculite and I'm having decent success. Will this work for a sub if I spawn my bag in it? Thanks for the input MoGrow !!

MoGrow

Quote from: Combatkarl1627 on February 24, 2013, 06:18:01 PM
Ya I was planning on going bulk with the mad bag , but was wondering a good recipe for substrate? I just used coir n vermiculite and I'm having decent success. Will this work for a sub if I spawn my bag in it? Thanks for the input MoGrow !!

Yea i use 1 brick of coir 2qts verm and 2 cups of gypsum, i pasteurize using the bucket tek. cant use it for poo you have to use proper pasteurization for poo but coir you can get away with a bucket tek.

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

Ya I just used coir and verm  for my first two tubs n had decent success... What does the gypsum do and how important is it?

MoGrow

its calcium carbonate and it aids in fruit production.

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

hey MOgrow or anyone else who may know... that recipe you posted above with the coir and very and gypsum...how much spawn is proportionate to that recipe???

MoGrow

I use 1 brick of coir (Eco-Earth), 2qts verm, 2 cups gypsum, 4.5 qts H2o, and 5qts of WBS spawn. i get 100% colonization in 5-7 days and fruits about 7 days after that.

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

So that recipe you don't use poo of any kind?  Is there a benefit either way with poo or without?

MoGrow

Nahh i dont use poo. as far as the differences im not sure, i know theres alot of neuts in poo that isnt in coir. i dont use poo simply because i dont have access to it, without ordering online, i get 5-6oz a tub so idk.

when you use coir/verm you can bucket tek your substrate instead of having to stove top pasteurize poo

My Alcohol Lamp

Combatkarl1627

Ya I was able to get a hold of poo  but decided against it when I recently just made another PE tub because I as well don't have a way to do stove top and didn't want to risk losing a whole tub to improper sterilization.  Just stuck with coir n verm.  Hey i was wondering do you usually flush your tubs.  I recently flushed one of mine 3 hours n was wondering how long to expect it to get fruiting again.  Also I had the idea to flip the cake so the bottom would be up towards the light maybe having some nutes on the side that didn't fruit on the first flush.. Annie as on that? Mind you I have 20 qt mini tubs so doing this with a full size tub probably wouldn't be possible without breaking the sub....