Cloning using PF Tek?

Started by Basshead420, March 24, 2013, 05:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basshead420

so I got my first grow started ( 8 pf tek style jars all at about 60% colonized) and ive been reading that you can take your best fruit(s) with the most desirable traits and clone them so that grows using the clone(s) will all have the desired traits? I was just curious to know if you can clone using the pf tek method? I really wanna try and clone any good fruits that come out of this batch so I can try and get a more consistent grow in the future :) thanks

MoGrow

You can clone a fruit grown using any method. But if your wanting to clone to more PF cakes, you can only acomplish this using a LC. I use agar to clone and transfer to grains then spawn to bulk. LC's are notorious for contamination, the best way to make a LC IME is to clone to agar and transfer a clean wedge to a LC jar. 
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

Basshead420

Word man! thanks for bein so helpful, yah I just started with PF jars but I been doin a lot of research and I think im gonna get a PC and do monotub after im done with this grow, yah ill have to invest in some agar and petre dishes. one question tho : when using agar how sterile does the room I handle it in need to be? I know that everything needs to be sterile but what I mean is can I do it in a room that I cleaned or do I have to have an actual science lab like sterile room?

MoGrow

To do agar or any grain work you need a SAB, there super easy to make i bought a 15$ 106qt sterlite tub and simply cut 2 arm holes in it. This is almost a must have in mycology since contams are so prevalent in the air.
One mans misery, is another mans mystery!

My Alcohol Lamp

psilocybin warrior