Terrarium ???

Started by axis, May 28, 2007, 10:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

Hay ya'all,

How bout that Poor Mans Terrarium? is that sufficient for good yield? It calls for 1 1/2 to 2 inch of perlite but  their wire mesh is cut just 1 inch wider at each end making it 2 inches longer, to bend down rendering only one inch raise from the bottom of the container, wihch leaves the mesh sitting on top of the perlite, yes?

I like the idea along with the simplicity. What say you? or what does your opinions have to offer?

Thanks , axis

psilocybin warrior

i diddnt use perlite when i use the poormans i used a damp paper towel and it was good enough i wouldnt recommend the poor mans cuz they grow weird

axis

what about using plain water with the screen method keeping the jars above the water? that would provide plenty of humidity, yes? don't you have to baby sit using a paper towel?

I'm going off the land from reading too damned many techniques and methods, having tough time deciding which way to go.

I don't believe to have to go to a lot of expense unless it is the best way to go for the outcome, but I'd like to figure out what method I would use before too much longer.

psilocybin warrior

fyi u never have to change the papertowel

axis

thanx for the reply, warrior dude.
So the water idea isn't good? dont you have to keep adding water to the paper towel whereas an inch or two of water at the bottom (with the cakes above on wire mesh) would seem to last a long time.

Anyone else?

ANNO, U out there?

BAPH???

anno

Quote from: axis on May 28, 2007, 06:02:29 PM
what about using plain water with the screen method keeping the jars above the water? that would provide plenty of humidity, yes?

This would work too, yes.

axis

does the perlite provide any nutrition or anything other than humidity? If not I think I will try plain water in the bottom of the FC and wire mesh above the water, then what?, cover with glass top and monitor temp (@70-72) and humidity (?)

psilocybin warrior

nah im pretty sure it just provides the humidity

axis

How bout if and when I succeed with "fruits" (and all jars aren't ready a the same time) and I need to pick some? will I need to let the fruit dryer(without heat) run 24/7 and just keep adding and taking as they dry?

What if I bag some in the fridge hoping to munch on a weekend and it doesn't come together, will they rott before the dryer can dry them?

Baphom3t

Ya you can do that.

if you put them in the fridge fresh they will last about a week.

axis

I understand that but what if I cant get to them after a week or even later , can  I put them to dry or will they go bad? Will it be too late to save em after that week?

psilocybin warrior

Nah man u should just dry them then put them in a ziplock bag in a dry place and the potency will stay for a while.

axis

how bout the fruit and veggie dryer, without the heat element (disabled)??? I can't,,, don't ,,, know bout the dessicant method. where do you get dessicant?

who uses what? which is the most efficient and reliable dryeing method?

doctuhsatan

im using a black tshirt and a lamp. working pretty well so far...

axis

if that's all it takes mabey I'll put em between newspaper in a warm room.

gettin ahead of myself. first I still need to figure out a FC.

thanks all ya'all

Baphom3t

don't get ahead of yourself bro.
get the fc worked out.
When it comes to drying mushies all you have to do is put them in front of a fan on a window screen.
It may take a bit longer to dry but so what!!!
keep it simple.

TC,
Baph

psilocybin warrior

Yeah the FC does not have to be that complicated, and theres a lot of ways you can dry them.

axis

Right on dudes.

this just in: it looks like all of the cakes won'tl be ready at th same time,  don't know why but so i guess I fruit each as the myc grows complete???

Baphom3t

Quote from: axis on June 15, 2007, 03:58:07 PM
Right on dudes.
this just in: it looks like all of the cakes won'tl be ready at th same time,  don't know why but so i guess I fruit each as the myc grows complete???

As the jars fully colonize throw them in your fc.