Help with identification

Started by t-schap, June 30, 2013, 02:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-schap

Habitat:
Growing in cow manure, found this morning at 2 am on 6/30/13 note: it has rained a few days ago.

Gills
creamy color as stem or brown(close up)/grey(far away)

Stem:
6-7cm Length, approx 5mm diameter, light creamy color

Cap:
15-25mm Diameter, smooth, moist.

Bruising:
very slight bruising, kind of imperceptible due to the mushrooms being that weird creamy grey color themselves

First night picking and it was a success. It was stopped in order to find out if edible active mushrooms were infact being pick, so all in all my main question i am in need of help would have to be...
Are these edible and are they magical?

psilocybin warrior

Eh. I hate to be that guy that's gotta tell ya you were digging around poop for nothin but... yea..

t-schap

dang really? these are inactive mushrooms? or are they just non edlible? or both?

psilocybin warrior

Those show 0 oxidation of psilocybin, inactive. They don't look very appetizing so I'll have to go with my better judgement and encourage you Not to eat them. That turd on the stipe looks pretty tasty tho

t-schap

Haha yeah quit appetizing but alright thankyou for your help. Could i still have any luck in that field or should i just try else where?

WillxKill

Well I know there not Liberty Caps and not edible and please don't pick any random mushroom unless you know for a fact its active and edible. And that's different mushrooms you picked right there I real suggest you not to eat any you don't know. Go by or grow some mushrooms before you start picking any random one you see.  :mellow:
~Mr.NiceGuy~