pickin

Started by psilocybin warrior, May 31, 2007, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

what difference does it make if u wait to pick them when the cap opens up ALL the way and not all the way?

Baphom3t

You want open caps to take prints.
Sum strains dont open very much if at all (i.e Mazatapec)
You will also get a little more weight but I've not noticed the difference between the open cap vs. the broken veil.

psilocybin warrior

yeah i dont really kno that much about prints can u send me a reputable link?

Baphom3t

psilocybin warrior

It should did ...much appreciated ^_^

Myc

The logic behind picking the fruits just after the veil breaks is that theoretically the fruit is at its maximum potency at that point.  Further growth of the fruits drains the substrate of nutrients which could be better used to support future flushes.

axis

what about after picking the fruit by pinching or cutting? doesn't the remaining of the stipe go rotten?

What about crumbling the cake to harvest the bunch as nature has it, then what/, using the crumble to case formore flush?

I dunno, mabey Im getting to far ahead of myself, but I need to flourish as best whitout getting to anxious so as to ruin the experience.

psilocybin warrior

I always do the pinch then hit it with a twist.

axis

that didn't really answer my question. but thanx

psilocybin warrior

well if u crumble all of the old cakes and put them outside theyll prolly just grow moldy and their wont be that many nutrients left

Baphom3t

"what about after picking the fruit by pinching or cutting? doesn't the remaining of the stipe go rotten?"

Yes it will,thats why you want to grab it as close to the base as possible.
Twist the mushie and as you twist start pulling up and it should break cleanly from the cake 99% of the time.
for the small ones including aborts I sterilize tweezers and get them out that way.
Just make sure your not pulling the next flush though.

"What about crumbling the cake to harvest the bunch as nature has it, then what/, using the crumble to case formore flush?"

Spent cakes are just that, spent.

axis

do you mean to try t oget the root and all with each mushy or does the root remain as part of the next flush?
over?

Baphom3t

mushrooms don't have roots.

but, yes you want to get as much mushie as you can cause any left over stem will rot and ruin the cake.

when you twist and pull they will 9 times out of 10 come off fairly easy.

psilocybin warrior

Ya, ive never had any problems with the twist and pull

axis

How do you know if your pulling the next flush through? that sounds funky. it seems that those mushkies are quite fragile or delicate that it could break off and leave frags in the cake. tell me again.

psilocybin warrior

I really don't think you can pull the next flush thru?

Baphom3t

In a way you can.
Some people may think they are aborts and harvest them.

Normally the 2nd flush is set when the 1st flush comes up as well

axis

I used the dunk and roll TEK with three cakes. in the FC for five days now.I'm seeing white fuzzy growing out from the verm on the cakes.
is that cool?

psilocybin warrior

Ive never done the dunk and roll tek but it sounds like its going along ok.  What are the benifits from dunk and roll anyway?

axis

well, I didn't read anything and the video didn't explain, so I "assumed" dunking was good to rinse anything potentially problematic and give a fresh drink, and rolling, I think it's to help keep moisture in and contams out.

what I am seeing is a lot of white fuzzy growing through them at a pretty good rate.

I dunked and didn't roll a batch of few and into a tub (no holes) with saran cover and the white fuzz is growing at a faster rate than those I did dunk and roll and put into the holy tub.

all going nicely, I hope.

anyone, jump in anytime to correct or verify.