help a newbie out

Started by doctuhsatan, June 01, 2007, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctuhsatan

how important is it to have a light fixture directly on my poor man's pod? I have them right near a window...would this provide sufficient lighting?
:ph34r:

psilocybin warrior

sunlight will dry out your cake, u can pretty much just have a ceiling light on or somthing of that matter and have them on a table, i mean they dont need an extreme amount of light they just need enough so it knows so grow out of the cake

Baphom3t

If the window you have yours at gets indirect sunlight it will work fine.

doctuhsatan

Also, one more question, how important is a drip shield on the poor man's pod?

psilocybin warrior

I never used one ocassional i had a few water droplets fall on it but ive heard it can possibly be benificial it might have on mine but i really diddnt notice any diff, but either way water on the cake is good because it helps with the nutrients. after your first flush look into somthing called a dunk i think their is a post on it on this forum.

doctuhsatan

i actually dunked it right after taking it out of the jar. let it sit in the water completely submerged for about 10 hrs in the fridge.

psilocybin warrior

hmm when u do a dunk i was reccommended to do 24 hrs at room temp. let me kno how that turns out  :mellow:

axis

someone help me out with the dunking thing. drectly after birth or after the first flush/, or both or what?

doctuhsatan