Vermiculite hard to find?

Started by Cannabis_Indicated, June 03, 2007, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannabis_Indicated

I had to order vermiculite by mail order since no retailer in my area sells it, and i live in a major city area. Every big box retailer will not carry it, but do sell perlite..Hmmm anyone know why? :huh: Maybe they realize people are buying it for casing  ^_^

Baphom3t

Thats weird.
If you live in a big city you should find it at lowes,wal-mart,home depot,or any place like that.
If you can't find it at any of those places,try a green house that sells plants.
I've never had any probs finding verm.
T.C
Baph

Myc

I live in a big city too and it was a bitch for me to find verm.  Ironically, I found it at a True Value Hardware store in a neighboring small town.  Call some of the small "mom and pop" hardware stores instead of searching in the logical places.

psilocybin warrior

They have stopped mining vermiculite, they have found substancial amounts of asbestis in a large percentage of their mines.  So now they dont really sell it.

anno

Can you provide a source for this claim?

Baphom3t

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on June 08, 2007, 10:54:11 AM
They have stopped mining vermiculite, they have found substancial amounts of asbestis in a large percentage of their mines.  So now they dont really sell it.

Hogwash!!!!
Goto a greenhouse that sells plants and you will find verm.

Norris,Chuck

I live in a big city that start with a C and ends with hicago and I have trouble getting Verm. Walmart, HDepot and all the other big stores don't carry it. I guess they feel city folk don't need shrooms. I have to drive to Indiana or hit up this old guy that has a little nursery deep in the hood. I feel your pain, but I assure you someone has it within 15-20 miles from you (unless you live in BFE).

psilocybin warrior

ha damn dude im in lincoln park and i just drove out to the burbs