Will removing larger mushrooms earlier....

Started by alejio, June 22, 2007, 04:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alejio

Will removing the larger mushrooms earlier, allow more water and etc. to the smaller fruits or developing pins?
Also, is there a reason my mushrooms don't seem to want to grow past a certain point, obviously the strain could be a factor, but even with losing 90% water even the larger mushrooms, which are average sized compared to most pics, seem tiny after they dry, and this is always after the veils break.  They just seem to want to break the veil earlier than I would like them too.  What's up?  Oh, and the potency wasn't too impressive.  I think 1 1/2 cakes worth per person might do the trick, I got so close on 1 cakes worth.

psilocybin warrior

Will removing the larger mushrooms earlier, allow more water and etc. to the smaller fruits or developing pins?

When you harvest your flush you pick off everything at the same time including the aborts and small pins. If water is a concern of yours do a dunk after each flush, put the cake fully submerged in water for 12-24 hours then put it back int he fc.

Also, is there a reason my mushrooms don't seem to want to grow past a certain point?

Yes, Im not sure what it is but those are called ABORTS

alejio

Warrior, your advice would be helpful, if i hadn't already factored these things.  I am NOT talking aborts here, in fact, I have had very few.  I am however talking about mushrooms that are growing (see my posts with pictures) and stopping at a certain point, seemingly with the caps rippling instead of unfolding, and breaking veils early.  I am not going to wait when one mushroom is almost full grown, and there are 20 pins growing healthily.  I do not think my question was one that came from someone who has never read any of the literature on the subject.  Waiting for an almost full grown mushroom to collapse on itself while tiny ones are way behind does not seem prudent, but that was not my question.  I was asking if hydration is redirected to new growth.  Read first Warrior, other than that, I appreciate your feedback.  I have also dunked both of the cakes I am talking about, while the third is repeating on its own. 

"...which are average sized compared to most pics, seem tiny after they dry, and this is always after the veils break" , sound like aborts to you?

psilocybin warrior

What pictures, and I was stoned when I replied that. Other than that I think you talk weird.

alejio

Ya, I talk weird I guess.  I was drunk when I responded, no harm no foul.

Baphom3t

alejio

Removing the larger ones will just make room for the smaller ones to mature.

also the more flushes per cake the smaller they will become due to nutreint loss within the cake.
as far as them maturing,they mature at their own rate.
Pf cakes IMO always produces smaller mushies.

baph

alejio

Thanks Baph, I was afraid of that, but not surprised by it.  So far these are looking healthy, even more so than the first, but only a couple good sized ones in contrast to the first.
Also, less of them.