5th flush cakes, will they colonized new substrate?

Started by solarveach, June 24, 2007, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarveach

Suppose some cakes were about to kick the bucket (noncased pf cakes) is there a tech for colonization of new substrate with the elderly mycelium?

Baphom3t

solarveach

Moe has an outdoor tek for spent cakes that are not dead yet. So if the mycelium is alive it will colonize a new substrate if heat is increased. I just was wondering if there were any in door techniques. Outside the sun keeps other bacteria from colonizing the substrate. Green mold is killed by the sun as are most bacteria that tend to infest indoor grow chambers. I am not sure how to keep the new  substrate sterile while the old living gus is colonizing.

Baphom3t

if you got the answer then why ask the question?
its a waste of time to do that when you can start new ones.
you might get lucky and get a few but it a waste of time imo

solarveach

The questions was about indoor use of old cakes as new spawn. Would it be faster to germinate from spore rather than using living myc? I have had great success with the pf tech, but I would love to find a way to yield more in less area. Time of colonization from spore is another damper. I attend music venues frequently, and the few I get are not enough to enjoy the whole festival season.

psilocybin warrior

THe past couple of days i was wondering the same thing?

Baphom3t

if you want bigger yeilds go with cased grains or bulk.
toss old spent cakes out and start over.
Trying to take old myc that has fruited and trying to recolonize new jars is asking for contams
and not only that but the old myc has been told to fruit and is now in the throws of death.

It's a waste of time.
Start with new myc or spores.