New "Q" bout colonization

Started by axis, June 29, 2007, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

Hay ya'all of ya,

two batches of jars, different rooms in the house, one of which was started and still is in double tub tek to maintain temp. the second batch in plain opaque single tub.

the tub tek jars have condensation and the second doesn't. the second was started 5 days after the first and lookin kind of dry. Colonizing is going well in both.

would it be good idea to swap location of the batches and try to get moisture in the second batch or just do the experimento (which I have no prob with).

I would like opinion please. and thanx.

doctuhsatan

just for the sake of being a pioneer. Just keep doing what your doing, thats my vote anyways...

anno

You might want to give the second tub a few good mistings of water now and then.

axis

thanx Anno.

the jars are still colonizing.

how much MYC is considered fully colonized? they are nearly most (jars that is) totally covered. the myc on one batch of ten jars is kind of thin while the other batch is much thicker and it looks like the myc is trying to double and is creeping up from the bottom in spots

at what point should I try to fruit them?
and what after I put them in the chamber drilled with alot of holes and perlite with a cigar hygrometer? the weather is hot and dry here. the basement is a little cooler

anno

>the jars are still colonizing.

Oh, I misread....  :rolleyes:

>how much MYC is considered fully colonized?
The jar has to be completely colonized white on the outside, and then give it another week.

See http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek#a6 for fruiting.