Fruiting Bulk

Started by psycho4psilo, July 14, 2007, 11:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycho4psilo

Accidently posted in General Topics - so please excuse my redundancy. ^_^

My WBS jars are near 100% colonized after 8 days and almost ready for bulk spawning.  (Still no signs of any growth after approx 23 days with the PF Tek and the fine verm).  Am using the straw/manure as bulk and am uncertain about a couple of things that I hope I may get a little input on.

A.  After I add spawn to bulk sub, I lay on top of bulk a cover of plastic wrap with many puncture holes and leave alone in darkness for full colonization, about 5 days. Is this correct?

B.  Once the bulk is colonized, I then add my sterilized casing and again as before, lay piece of plastic wrap on top and put back into dark for approx 3 - 5 days and until I see uniform growth poking through top of casing (patching where needed) and begin fruiting process.  Is this correct as well?

C.  When fully colonized sub w/casing is evident, do I then add my trays of bulk into fc? Or do I cover w/ plastic wrap - no holes - and fruit directly from the tray? 

Just wanted to confirm my steps and need a little clarification on what to do with cased trays ready for fruiting.

Thanks in advance for any info or tips anyone may have!!
p4p
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

anno

>A.  After I add spawn to bulk sub, I lay on top of bulk a cover of plastic wrap with many puncture
> holes and leave alone in darkness for full colonization, about 5 days. Is this correct?

Yes, 5-10 days. I cover it loosely with aluminum foil.

>B.  Once the bulk is colonized, I then add my sterilized casing and again as before, lay piece of
>plastic wrap on top and put back into dark for approx 3 - 5 days and until I see uniform growth
>poking through top of casing

Yes. Again, I prefer aluminum foil.

>C.  When fully colonized sub w/casing is evident, do I then add my trays of bulk into fc? Or do I
>cover w/ plastic wrap - no holes - and fruit directly from the tray?

The first is better.

psycho4psilo

Quote from: anno on July 15, 2007, 08:23:36 AM
The first is better.

Confused on last step - when cased sub is ready to fruit, am I to cover tightly with plastic instead of foil so light will initiate pinning and fruiting with no holes?  I will need to exchange air 1 - 2 times  day, right?  Are we together here or did I miss something and veer off track? 
THX!
p4p
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.