FC lid with or without holes?

Started by axis, July 16, 2007, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

tell ya what, everybody's high or what?

the video tek shows that guy drilling the hell out of the tub and lid (all 6 sides), he's trippin too cuz after he puts the cakes rolled in verm on the perlite in the tub he puts a completely different lid on, without holes, plus the lid is white.

what happened to the lid with all of the holes? will the moisture go out the holes too fast? does'nt the moisture need to be  trapped for humidity to be effective?.

coolest room in the house here is in the basement at close to 80* in the warm months that is, and not very much  air circulation, I guess thats, ok?.

psilocybin warrior

i just use a rubber maid and put some clear seran wrap over it

axis

then what? you need to take the saran wrap off each day and fan it out, yes? and what about fresh air?, the reason for the holes in the box, correct?

the guy in the video drilled holes in the lid of the clear tub and holes all over the tub then used a completely different lid without holes in it to cover the tub, watch the video (bottom of the page of the TEK for simple minds, it takes you to you tube) , plus the damn thing was white, so no direct light to the top of the cakes.

dude,,, the question was.......... is the lid supposed to have holes in it and if so will 
that let out the moisture needed to keep the humidity inside?

Ok, no more brain farts for you bro. (LOL)

HipsterDoofus

The moisture does not have to be trapped and it's okay if it goes out the holes in the lid. The purpose of all the holes is to create airflow. The air picks up moisture from the perlite. That's where the humidity comes from - the airflow through and around the perlite. You want to have all the holes in all the six sides including the lid. You want to have 4-5 inches of perlite. Soak the perlite, then drain it. No standing water in the FC and no blocking the holes! This FC works great! Easy, simple, low maintenance. No fanning or misting required but you can if you want.

psilocybin warrior

Hipster is right,  and yes I do need to lift up the ceran wrap a couple times a day and fan it I just figured that you had enough common sense to kno that on your own so i diddnt bother telling you.

axis

you have saran wrap on your tub and you fan a couple times per day. Does your tub have holes or is it just a plain ol tub?

psilocybin warrior

No holes in mine, regular tub works great.