OK! I did the Image shack

Started by axis, July 19, 2007, 04:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

Ok ya'all, can anyone tell me from the pics if these are bunk or possible Psilly?
I could use a TEK to learn how to ID Magic Mushies
click on em to make em bigger.

and below all of these can someone tell me how these cakes look?

Baphom3t

Those are not cubes.

And looking at the jars I see one that looks contamed,possibly 2.
The brownish spots on the bottom ones, Have they grown?
Cause that looks to dark to be metabolites.

I'd watch those 2 with the brownish spots and see if the brownish color grows.

And take the foil off it's not needed.

axis

So definately not cubensis?

no man they have been like that for a while and not progressing any faster than the rest of the myc.

the lighting wasn't good in the basement so that one jar is real dark.

those brown spots are the color of and texture of shrooms in the flesh. it makes me think they are trying to grow. the jar lids are on pretty damned tight as I birthed three jars and they smelled shroomy, nothing bad.

Is it safe to take foil off, a chance of contam? I'd love to since it blocks my view somewhat plus as I said above, the lids are on tight, I had to grunt to get three lids loose. they have been over two months colonizing.

Baphom3t

"So definately not cubensis?"

No they are not.

upon looking again today at those jars they look to me like they should be birthed.

axis

thanx man,

I been thinkin they might should have been for some time, hence my concern of what they were looking like and taking soooo long. Except I could see a bit of BR in the bottoms of several jars thinking that was normal growth.

I will be dunking and birthing real soon. time would have it I'm going out of town for four days in two weeks, was hoping they would stay till then.

one more thing bro: I did dunk and roll three of the more advanced looking jars about five days ago: peeking today noticed bright white fuzz towards the bottom of the cakes. I hope that is normal, then I be gettin relieved as well as damned excited.

the holy tub doesn't seem to be keeping the humidity so Im wrappin a bit of saran wrap around to cover some of the holes. In the basement where there isn't alot of air movement and maintain about 78-80* I spray and humidity goes to about 95-100 then drops to 80 or so within a day or two.
(damn these notes are long, apologize.)

thanx, peace,

axis

axis

is it safe to take the foil off of the lids while colonizing?

psilocybin warrior

I usually take off the foil but I put tape over the holes in the lid.

axis

Is that what is mentioned in the TEK when the breathable medical or sports tape is used? to cover the holes.

I guess the only thing would be is that you could watch and see more of the growing process? by taping the holes getting rid of the foil.

thanx, peace.