pins

Started by psilocybin warrior, July 29, 2007, 02:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

Ok so now im on day 13 and still no pinnage although I do have a ton of small bumps that i kno will turn into pins eventually, the humidity is right and i give it about 5 to 8 hours of light a day and pleanty of air exchange. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

anno

psilocybin warrior

I had a feeling you would say that.  But one more quicky I forgot to ask, is it better to put the cake in complete darkness after you turn the lights off? cuz I just started putting a towel over my fcs when im done giving it light.

Baphom3t

If the room you have you grow in gets dark when the son goes down you will be fine.
If there is alot of ambient light i.e street lights , house lights.
Then it may be wise to cover it but I dont think it would be needed.

anno

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on July 30, 2007, 04:07:32 AM
is it better to put the cake in complete darkness after you turn the lights off?

The mushrooms can receive light 24 hours a day, but they need no more than 6 hours.

psilocybin warrior

Hey, anno I think that found the problem, the room that my fc's are were at temps in the high 80's and 90's because I kept the windows down.  I closed them the other day and I hope it helps, do you think the temp could be the reason its taking so long?

psilocybin warrior

a response would be helpful for future reference.

Baphom3t

no,
temps that high should allow them to grow faster,BUT,there is a diminishing point with temps.
you want as much FAE as you can get during the fruiting stage.

psilocybin warrior

Baphom3t

FAE = Fresh Air Exchange

psilocybin warrior

but wont too much fanning lower the humidity, and i need a high humidity?

Baphom3t

yes you need a high RH but you also need alot of FAE

you should be doing FAE at least 3-5 times a day.
If your growing in a tub just take the lid and fan it for a good 1 minute and then deliver your humidity then cover it back up.

Also your temps could be to high the best temps for fruiting are in the mid 70's

psilocybin warrior

Yeah ive been fanning 3 times a day and the temps have been in the mid 70's for the past couple days im starting to see more activity.