finally, my first attempt appears to be a success

Started by kotik, June 29, 2004, 04:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotik

In another 2 days, there will be about 6 caps completed, ready to harvest.

Now when I lived further south, there was a farm close by.  I remember picking a few 20 gallon garbage bags worth of shrooms when I was younger, about 4 years ago.

It was at least 40 acres of farmland, surrounded by everglades, in a tropical climate, so you can bet whenever summertime rolled around, that place was like a shroomers heaven.

ANyways, I am doing this whole substrate / spore thing since the fields are now gone (golf courses / apartments!).  I was wondering, are these "man-made" shrooms more potent than naturally occuring ones?  Much like marijuana grown in ideal conditions is known to have a higher potency.  Thats what these are, fungi grown in ideal conditions.

I ask this because I used to eat a good 10-12 caps, along with 1-2 8oz cups of shroom tea, and that was about 4 years ago.  I can tell you one thing, not having the boil the damn caps and see all the maggots, ants, etc. etc. at the bottom of the pot will be one great benefit.

bottom line:  quality over quantity?  are these going to be better, or the same?

anno

Depends who you ask. Some claim the wild ones are more potent, some say the ones cultivated are more potent. If the nutritional content of the substrate plays a role(which it probably does) then the home grown should be more potent.

mushman

home grown is more potent in my experience and less dangerous because you arent playing a guesing game and that could be deadly