cheap glovebox

Started by cricks, August 06, 2007, 07:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cricks

hello fellow fungifun members. this is my first time posting. i have all my supplies and im planning on inoculating this weekend. i will be cleaning and disinfecting(lysol spray) a bathroom. my question is this, can i use a cardboard box nice and sealed up as a glovebox? i have taped the inside and outside, so its pretty air tight.
any comments or suggestions are welcomed. thanks guys

cricks

okay since no one replied.....

how do you fellas go about inoculating your jars? do you use a glove box? or do you just disinfect your room then inoculate your jars?

Trips509

Well it is always best to be as sanitary as possible, a glovebox is not mandatory. All I did when I was inoculating was wash my hands with antibacterial soap and then put gloves on then put alcohol all over the gloves. I was in a room with all windows closed. Then just wiped the neddle down with alcohol as well. Thats all I did and had no contamination.

psilocybin warrior

Yes, its worth the extra trouble to be a little more sanitary, I however do not use a glovebox I turn off the airflow in my house and close the windows and sanatize the area that I will be working at, and after every 4 jars I innoc, I burn the tip of the syringe until it glows red then squirt a little spore out and start inoc. more.

cricks