Picking aborts

Started by boh, August 09, 2007, 07:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boh

I picked a mushroom that im pretty sure was an abort, it stopped growing since yesterday and the cap was a darker color.  anyways... after i picked it i looked at it a little bit and then put it onto a paper towel and within a few minutes of me handeling it it turned a blackish green.  did i bruise it and if so is it still gonna be ok to eat?   thanks for the feedback

Baphom3t

aborts sometimes turn balckish upon handling with some strains.
It's not uncommon

psycho4psilo

Yes, I've found this to be true as well.  I store mine separately and am saving up all my aborts for just the right occasion!!
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

psilocybin warrior

wait, why are u saving your aborts?

Trips509

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the original Psylocybe Fanaticus home page that aborts are usually more potant than mature mushrooms. That might be why he's saving them. Just a guess.

psycho4psilo

Yes, aborts are supposed to be more potent - I also have read this in posts and other various places as well. 

Here's 1 post from another forum that discusses aborts.

"right on saney, i've got 2oz of dried PF abhorts. they are my prize.
i didn't want to say it, but with PF it's like 70% abhort. the interesting thing though is that the ones that do grow almost equal B+ in quantity. it's just that with PF you get to see so many abhorts."

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any of the comments made by the poster,  this is only an example of many, many more such posts that all say aborts are more potent - therefore why I save mine and will extract the alkaloids when enough are gathered.

ltr,
p4p
:mellow:   
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

psilocybin warrior

damn i did not kno that ive thrown so many aborts down the toilet.