Attn: Anno, Baph, Warrior etc.

Started by axis, August 14, 2007, 05:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

I think my project went south on me. the whole damned thang, just when it was sposta git good.

any advice concerning the latest pics (of the bad)I sent in the cultivation forum, Topic: "How bout now? Pics. Updated"[/u].

I think I failed, and for several reasons of which I hope I learned a few things. Other than that I needed info that wasn't mentioned or covered in the TEK's which I studied for a couple of months before attempting.

anything: questions and suggestions please and thanx

I did gain from replies, tips and suggestions as well as criticism from ya'all which I appreciate.

thanx for continuing to help with a lost cause.

Baphom3t

remeber what you did wrong this time and start a new batch and dont repeat the same mistakes and you will get it :D

and a word of advice
NEVER let someone that dont know what they are doing mess with it,that will guarntee a failure.

every TEK I have seen is pretty much complete.
after that it is trial and error

axis

I really don't know exactly what went wrong or when. I know of a few things I can improve or do different but those teks don't cover several infos and some that might have made a helluva lot of difference. dig? It'll take a year to read up with my schedule.

so  I should, toss the whole thing? all of it? wow

How bout a bleach or cold dunk? at least for the 6 cakes in the third pic up, from ?

and that weird dwarfy lookin one growing on the side???  bottom 2 pics. no salvation for any of them?

they were doing great until after a couple weeks in the FC . that's after two months plus, waiting for them to fully colonize. something was not right. mabey packed to tight or just waited too long to birth em.

mabey bad spore syringe(???)!

2 months of reading (on spare time) and 4 months from start to trash. It'll take the rest of my life to figure it out at that rate. guess I'll hafta find some ready to eat, on the street level if It's gunna take that long.

shit

thanx bro.

peace out

axis

psilocybin warrior

Yeah it couldnt hurt to do a bleach dunk, I have done pleanty and they have all been successfull.

axis

Hay Baph. which tek did you use for the bleach dunk?

and did your cakes look anything like those I sent a pic of (third up from bottom in "how bout now Pics"?

psycho4psilo

Dude - try grains.  so much easier, IMO, less forgiving.  Take a look at the MONSTERS I got from second flush!!  This ws my VERY FIRST attempt at growing!! (Other than tryin' the pf brf cakes that did not work).
latr,
p4p
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

axis

thanx dude, I'll try to remember where that TEK is, cuz  damn if I ain't gettin ready to go another batch of them freekin cakes. I have a problem with temps here so I'd probly need a bunch of coslty equip.

and tryin to figure what strain I would go with. I have spores of Mexican, Redboy and s. am whatever that is
oh I guess So. American mabey.

doin a syringe ought to be a trip speshly if I failed at cakes, c'mon.

later,

psycho4psilo

Not really.  You sterlize your wbs with pressure cooker - a must - and you pasturize substrate on stove in pan if using starw and cow shit or you can use the 60,30,10 and ity works well also.  You can fruit directly from container / tub and don't need a fc.  My first batch bulk tub took from July 2 (innoculation of jars) to August 8 for first flush.  I also did a small tray and used the 60,30,10 mix as substrate and casing and had my first flush in about 4 weeks from start to finish.  Again, IMO, grains are the only way to go!!  :mellow:

Peace out!
p4p
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you

axis

what is that tek called? I would check that one.

thanx

psycho4psilo

anno sent me this

http://www.fungifun.org/English/Casing

Although it's a tek for casing cakes, you can case colonized wbs with it and/ or case your wbs that hs been spawned to straw / manure. 

EXACTLY, which tek ya want a link for?
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you

axis

for grains or what ever you were suggesting.

Baphom3t

psycho4psilo

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you

psycho4psilo

I ran across this post tonight from another site's forum. I've read this before - when I first began a couple of months ago and was not having any luck with my cakes and was getting pretty damn discouraged.  It came from a thread to a reply from another thread, etc. and  popped up in another post - again.  Thought I'd send if for nothing else, some amusement, but it does have a link to a complete tek using rye.  So, for what it's worth, here ya go. 

Quote:
"My 1st successful grow was rye spawned to poo,Why pf tek is recommended for beginners is beyond me,1st you have impossible to find ingredients than sitting there with the god forsaken coffee grinder till your thumb falls off,fanning,misting,air stones,bubble wands,pumps and tubing and blah blah blah blah.And them when you are lucky enough to get it right the payoff of your success(If you can call it that with a straight face)Is a few measly mushrooms for all your hard work.Why do people keep playing this practical joke on the newbies,Its a terrible thing to do to them,I remember what it was like to be them because it wasn't that long ago that I couldn't grow anything no matter how hard I tried.I don't know if it is just that the people who recommend it don't remember how hard this is when you 1st start and you are struggling but I sure remember and for everyone I help convince not to make themselves go through that nightmare I think that may be one person who may stick with this hobby and have a good harvest and enjoy them self and not say this isn't worth it and give up after being so horribly disappointed by what the get out of all their hard work.The work for payoff ratio for pf tek is like driving 500 miles to work all day for minimum wage,.  in other words ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!  Here you go http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4577994
My favorite tek on the shroomery,I promise you will never go back to useless cakes,As a matter of fact you can go and put your half pint jars in your car now to throw at peoples windshields when they piss you off in traffic cause I assure you they will be under the thickest layer of dust ever cause you will never touch them again Good luck"
End Quote

A lot of good information from this guys tek using rye.  He can grow some shrooms I'm here to tell ya!!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum2&Number=4577994&Searchpage=1&Main=4576865&Words=rye&topic=&Search=true#Post4577994

ltr,
p4p
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you

anno

To each their own.
If you don't have the ingredients for the PF tek, then you obviously won't be doing it...
If you do have them, and fail at doing it, chances are very big that you will fail with any other tek too.

Is the PF tek the BEST tek out there? Certainly not. Is it one of the easier ones and one with pretty high chances of success if followed? Certainly yes.

psycho4psilo

Just so there is no misunderstanding, this was NOT my quote.   :rolleyes:  It was meant only to provide another's perspective on brf cakes and indicate how others also have probs with these, as did I also.   

However, I did find grains easier as nu b trying to learn (and STILL tryin to learn) and by starting with grains it has helped ME better understand a few of the MANY idiosencrcies that entail 'shroom growing.   

peace out!
pfp
:mellow:     
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you