Starting over,,, Anno? ,Baph?

Started by axis, August 18, 2007, 02:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axis

i'm going to grow some damned shrooms if it kills me. I'm thinking of using the tek for simple minds again,if that's allright. have all the components already.

Who knows the correct mix ratio of verm/brf and water in "US" measure, cups, not ml. for 12 1/2 pt jars. or 6 no matter.
is it 7 cups verm and 2 cups brf.? how much water in measure.

Also I need to know what other info I need to follow. Apparently I read too much info from too many different sources. failed two 12 jar batches, just in time for fruiting too.

some of those cakes by the way are starting to grow new myc, now I really don't know how to handle them. where are the dunk teks or info.

thanx for all your patience with me. I'm a damned good laborer, somewhat creative, but not a very good brainer.

I don't like giving up. thank you very much.

psilocybin warrior

Well 15 cakes is 3 cups brf, 3 cups of water, and 6 cups of verm......I think

anno

No, no, no....why don't you just READ and FOLLOW the tek, it's not THAT hard!
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

Baphom3t

Quote from: anno on August 18, 2007, 11:58:53 PM
No, no, no....why don't you just READ and FOLLOW the tek, it's not THAT hard!
http://www.fungifun.org/English/Pftek

I couldn't have said it any better  :mellow:

psilocybin warrior

what is that wrong? because according to the pftek video 5 1/2 pint cakes is 1 cup brf, 1 cup water, and 2 cups verm.

axis

No no no, that tek for simple minds call for, in US measure per six 1/2 pint jars:
1 cup  BRF, 3.5 cups Verm then add water until it is "just right".
that means for 12 1/2 pt jars the ratio is : 2 cups BRF and 7 cups Verm. how much water? possible to not get enough water?

Now read the recommend from PF TEK for simple minds.

For one ½ pint jar(~240 ml) you will need:
=> 140 ml vermiculite
=> 40 ml brown rice flour
=> some vermiculite to fill the jar to the top (app. 20 ml)
=> water
,,,,,,, (so how much water? so not too much or too little is used?) How much is too little anyway?

the next tek in line(how to grow mushrooms) calls for 2/3 cup Verm, 1/4 BRF, and 1/4 cup water per 1/2 pint jar.

and on and on goes the conflicting info's.

I didn't consider in my beginning that those teks were so different, possibly helping to cause my project a failure.... thanx for listening.

anno

>(so how much water? so not too much or too little is used?) How much is too little anyway?

C'mon...if you don't want to read, then perhaps this hobby is not for you. The tek tells exactly how much water to add. You just have to read....