doing it

Started by Ocean, November 22, 2007, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocean

just wondering how many different ways there are to do the little guys,when I was much younger we just dropped them, but they were always dry, do they have to be fresh,cuz if they do what do you do with all the rest you grow?

Earthpig

you can do 'em fresh, dried, blended and in o.j., or most any way you want. To dry them, you want to dry them thoroughly so they won't mildew or rot. Blow dry them with a fan until they are dry to the point of still bending at the stem, 'cause that is pretty well as far as you can go with a fan. Then, put them in a covered bowl with dessicant at the bottom. CaCl2 will do fine. Put them on a screen on top of the dessicant and let them dry until they snap if you bend the stems. Then store them in a baggie in a freezer for as long as a year.

QuoteI reject your reality and substitute my own.

Killa B

what the hell is dessicant?

kinesis_1

dessicant is the stuff you get in a new box of shoes, its something that will dry out the moisture in the air.

be vary careful if u use a blowdryer. if u heat the mushrooms they will lose their potency. psilocybin is sensitive to heat. desicants work good but i think they take a while. i like using food dehydrators. but any method is good so long as you dont apply any heat to the mushrooms. iv never used a fan or blowdryer but from wht i hear it works relativly well.

psilocybin warrior

You could eat them fresh but remember they are 90% water, You could eat them dry, grind them, put them on food, or make tea. I don't freeze them, store them in a cool, dark, dry place.  I'd think freezing them and then unfreezing them would create moisture on the mushrooms.

Killa B

Quote from: psilocybin warrior on August 31, 2008, 07:02:47 PM
You could eat them fresh but remember they are 90% water, You could eat them dry, grind them, put them on food, or make tea. I don't freeze them, store them in a cool, dark, dry place.  I'd think freezing them and then unfreezing them would create moisture on the mushrooms.

It does. I  had an ounce that were fan dried completely. I know.. I dried them. Put them in the freezer and after pulling them out and they started to warm up they were a little moist.