spores in syringe

Started by Ocean, December 07, 2007, 04:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocean

I just received my GT an there is large clumps in ther that don't realy break up and they don't look like spores,I'm wondering if GT naturely look like theis or is there some kind of cantamination going on here?Thanks for any info :huh:

anno

How large are those clumps? Did you try to suck some sterile air in( see the pftek for simple minds for the exact way how)  and then shake the syringe?

Ocean

Quote from: anno on December 11, 2007, 11:56:45 PM
How large are those clumps? Did you try to suck some sterile air in( see the pftek for simple minds for the exact way how)  and then shake the syringe?

Well I am learning a lot but I think its too late for my first effort, all 5 jars seem to have a little bit of green stuff in there,I guess that means there done  gone to garbage ..right?  :huh:

Baphom3t

Green = Bad
Throw them out and start over.

Baph

Ocean

For sterilizing the needle I didn't have bunson burner so I used a candle,maybe that was the wrong thing to use,I used a plastic box with arm holes in it but they were too big, it did have a lid and I disinfected the box,wore latex gloves,but all five chars were contaminated.I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong so I won't do it again for my next batch.
  I read pretty much everything you post on here,an you seem to have the answers to all the questions us newbies have.Sorry to bother you with it.BUT your the man thanks for your help

Baphom3t

I wouldn't use a candle.
Half the time I don't even use a flame.
But you can use a pocket lighter (not zippo) to flame steralize it.
As soon as it's red,wrap the needle in a paper towel that has been soaked with alcohol and don't unwrap it till you goto innoc.

Baph