perlite

Started by tech nine, February 01, 2008, 05:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tech nine

i got a question can i use perlite with fertilizer in it for my fruiting camber?

anno

If you place the cakes off the perlite, then it should be no problem.
Not sure about placing the cakes directly on fertilized perlite though, I would recommend against, but one would have to try it out to say for sure.

tech nine

thaNKS FOR THE HELP HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPORESTORE?I ORDERED FROM THEM THEN SEEN ALL THE CONPLAINING ABOUT THEM

Baphom3t

Go with http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index.html
That's the best place on the net to get spores.

Baph

dumbfounded1600

NO! WTF? what is wrong with this? You don't know want any kind of cake going on your perlite...you don't know what kind of mold spores have been on there ever since you put it into your FC...that is why people use FOIL.....

blackkbot

Quote from: dumbfounded1600 on February 04, 2008, 06:22:10 PM
NO! WTF? what is wrong with this? You don't know want any kind of cake going on your perlite...you don't know what kind of mold spores have been on there ever since you put it into your FC...that is why people use FOIL.....

Does it really matter if spores get on your cake? Aren't your cakes supposed to be 100% colonized? So mold spores getting on your cake shouldn't matter. I heard people use foil because the cakes don't do very well if they are waterlogged. Since touching the perlite would make it wet, being exactly what you don't want, you use foil. Am I right?

I also heard that anything in the perlite just creates mold which doesn't hurt the mushrooms but I don't imagine it's a good idea.

I think I got all this information from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJQrsZFQdE
Ordinary people do fucked up things when fucked up things become ordinary

dumbfounded1600

Once it's fully colonized it's vurtially contaminant resistant, you still want to be sterile though. Use foil, I haven't really got into it but I do know don't put your cakes on the perlite, I recommend going to shroomery, this site has died out and barely any one goes here anymore

Follow that tek, RR's a very good teacher

anno

I would appreciate if you would stop telling people  what is dead and what not .
If you want to help people, help them here or at the Shroomery, but don't tell them where to go or where not to go, thank you.