my mycellium jar doesn't get white

Started by lagartixa88, February 22, 2008, 09:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lagartixa88

i did everything right i guess but only one jar has developed(and a little more slowly than it should),the others stayed almost the same.There are 2 things i think i did wrong:1-I didnt see the liquid fall along the jar when i inocculated it(maybe it developed on the inside?);2:I used the thing that's used to warm the reptile cages to warm my mushroom aquarium and on the first day it warmed too much,almost 40ºcelsius.The days after and until now it's been at the right temperature: 28ºto 30º.

Please help! did this killed my spores?

i was looking forward from my shrooms

dumbfounded1600

That's extremely hot. Colonizing jars do NOT need to be incubated. If you can be in your room with a shirt on and be comfortable you're fine. There's problems after problems of threads with noobs trying to colonize there jars faster in an incubator. If your house is too cold get a space heater and heat up the area. NOT THE JARS because when the jars are incubated they start to sweat which makes condensation, condensation drips down and causes water on the bottom which then can easily contaminate your cake. At 75-78F this problem will not arise and they'll just colonize a few days later which I see no hurry in getting the faster time.

How long has it been since you inoculated? Get it off the reptile heating pad NOW.

If you have the aluminum foil still on take it off now...Mycelium need gas exchange for them to breathe OR They Will Stall.

lagartixa88

almost a month now :s  i already took off the reptile pad and the alluminium foil..

i'll wait now.. thanks a lot for the tip :)

dumbfounded1600

Start over. That's way too long. Your moisture is probably dry and nothings happedning... I wouldn't toss them just yet. Keep waiting and see what happends.. But for future grows watch the tek on youtube. Type in 'Let's Grow Mushrooms' Pf Tek 1-4