Dormant Casings

Started by GroewingSchroomz, April 22, 2008, 12:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroewingSchroomz

is it possible 2 stunt the fruiting process of mold?  Day 7 in the terrarium and casings show no signs of pins............................
thanks for all you help
:ph34r:

anno

I don't understand this part:
"is it possible 2 stunt the fruiting process of mold?"

Are you keeping high humidity and air exchange? How does the casing look, is it overgrown with mycelium? Ideally it shouldn't be.

GroewingSchroomz

Perilite keeps the humidity, coolmist hummi keeps pretty good AE but lowers the temp to 66-69 degrees farenhiet so i only run the hummi 1-2 times a day, and fan when misting water 1-3times a day.
the jiffy mix looks a little dry after a few days in some terraruims.....normal?
feelin like i should attack w/mist, but guides say no no no...??
a couple of the casing were  overlayed, but not all. 
Overlays will still produce some shcrooms right???
A THOUGHT TO ALL:  what happens, and what it looks like, when you don't add enough casing on top?
TOO 1st time rye GROeWERz:
My overlays happened overnight. huge sea-urchin like mold spikes poppin out of the casing, and one of the containers of Hawaiian or B+in between sea urchins has a fine-cob web like growth spreadin. I took most casings out at first sign of mold, but admit i let a few or more go 1-2 extra days in incubation....whammy
U THE MAN ANNO
what web site do i use to upload photos???
:ph34r:

anno

>huge sea-urchin like mold spikes poppin out of the casing, and one of the containers of
>Hawaiian or B+in between sea urchins has a fine-cob web like growth spreadin.

This definitely sounds like mold.

Those casings are doomed, you can't save them, dunp them as soon as possible.

Upload images at http://imageshack.us/