Slow pinning or stalled?

Started by muffinman, May 22, 2008, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffinman

i've had 3 cakes in the fruiting chamber for 10 days. the first pin appeared on one cake 4 or 5 days ago. Its now the size of a pencil eraser and doesnt seem to be doing much. there are two other pins on the same cake but both are smaller in size. where i live its been rather cold at night. the temp of the FC has been between 72 during the day and 67 at night. Ive been keeping humidity high via a air pump humidifier. light has been 12/12 using a 24watt xenon lamp. the other two cakes havent really done anything, but all three are covered with small lumps of collected mycelium. Ive been doing as much research as possible, but if this doesnt work it will be my second failure, so im trying to get advice before alll hope is lost. Also what tek do you guys recommend for making a mycelium syringe? thanks

psilocybin warrior

try and keep a steady temp between 74-78, maybe a little space heater?

muffinman

yeah, Ive been trying but i live in the northeast and its been pretty cold recently, my closet is against an outside wall. anyways i have a few more pins popping out know, but the original ones are starting to turn a little but black at the end and they haven't grow anymore, should i cut them off? also my cakes are starting to turn a bit blue at the top, not green definitely blue. i know its bruising. is this normal during fruiting? i definitely have it humid enough

Baphom3t

" the original ones are starting to turn a little but black at the end and they haven't grow anymore, should i cut them off?"

Yes, you should get them.
I use tweezers to get aborts.
Don't forget to wipe the tweezers down with alcohol :D
The bruising is fine.
You may want to bump the temps up a bit.
I've noticed slower pinning when temps are below 69 degrees at night.

Baph