got another one for ya anno

Started by psilocybin warrior, May 28, 2008, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

Soon I will be ready to mix my spawn(WBS) in with my poopies(50/50) straw/poop, I'm doing a seriies of growbags that already have the filter so it's almost labor free.  I was wondering for the first couple jars, the lables fell off. So I had to do my best to mix and match them to their % of colonization.  Its to my understanding that if I were to accidentally place 2 strains in the same big bag of sub, one strain will prevail?  and will having 2 strains in the same bags give me smaller flushes than what I would receive if there was only 1 strain in the bag?

anno

If you already have grain spawn and you use 2 strains to inoculate one bag it is unlikely one will prevail. What is more likely to happen is that each strain is going to colonize isolated portions of the substrate and won't grow together to one big block. The result will be that when it fruits, you will have many smaller mushrooms fruiting from the various portions of the substrate, perhaps even at different times,  instead of a normal flush.