mold

Started by psilocybin warrior, July 22, 2008, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psilocybin warrior

I think im starting to see signs of mold, dunno what kind.  But if they are on one side of my sub. and their are mushrooms growing on other places that aren't in contact with the mold are they ok to eat?  The mushies look normal.  And what kind of molds would I get on my 50straw/50dung that could be potentially fatal or toxic...?

Baphom3t

Have a look at this PW it may help in determining what you have.
http://www.shroomery.org/5276/What-are-common-contaminants-of-the-mushroom-culture

I've ate mushies that came from sub contamed with Trich and cobweb with no ill effects.
Since it's flushed once, you can always put it in the ground under a shade tree and you may still get another flush or two from it.
I did that with a couple trays and was suprised to see mushies there about a week later.

Hope that helps :)

Baph

psilocybin warrior

Thanks Baph, I was surfin around later on last night and Im pretty sure that it was mostly cobweb and Im in a battle with it now.  I might try that tree thing, ill let you know how that works out.

Baphom3t

If it's cobweb you can spray h2o2 on it.
That may help if it's not to bad.
If not, then bury that sucker.
add a layer of potting soil over the sub after you bury it.
Just like casing it. :)
I should add that I still took care of the outside bed.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

Ive never dont a casing before, say i wanted to case one of my big poo chunks in somthing similar to a rubbermaid.  Could i just throw the colonized doo doo in there and throw potting soil around and over it?

Baphom3t

Don't waste your poo.
Do it outside in the yard man.
Then just put a 1/4"- 1/2" in. layer of potting soil on top of it.
Then moist'n the fuck out of the potting soil then walk away.
Do that every 2 days and you might get another flush in about a week or so.
It's a 50/50 chance once it becomes contam'd.
Save that poo for your next venture.

Baph

psilocybin warrior

ill give that a try, ill keep ya posted. Thanks baph