some general info --first time

Started by anti-babylon, July 21, 2008, 04:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anti-babylon

hi evrybody i will growing som hawaian in the enxt day and i have  few dubts about the method since is my first time...
first : i ave to buy distilled water for use it for inoculate with siringe or i can use also the water that i boiled with the jars for sterelizing it?
second : i will start from some print that i have on paper ...how much i have to scratch for  full one single sirynge? and how many jars can i do with one syrnge?

sorry for m ybad english i change the word sirynge about  4 times...
thanks inadvance!!!!!!

anno

>can use also the water that i boiled with the jars for sterelizing it?

Fill the syringes with water, wrap them in aluminium foil, then sterilize them along the jars.

>how much i have to scratch for  full one single sirynge?

An area of app. 1/2 x 1/2 inch or a little less.

>how many jars can i do with one syrnge?

6-10 jars.

anti-babylon

thanks anno!
but the syringe are made of plastic doesent they melt down or maybe release some chemichal when theyr gonna be boiled??
and i still missin g a passage..when i have suck the spore in the syringe withouth contaminate it?
thanks for all man

anno

>but the syringe are made of plastic doesent they melt down or maybe release some chemichal when theyr gonna be boiled??

No, they are made of polypropylene, which is stable until  130°C(266°F)

>i still missin g a passage..when i have suck the spore in the syringe withouth contaminate it?

Read http://www.shroomery.org/8403/Psilocybers-Syringe-Tek

anti-babylon

ok ...so its really needed the alchool isoproyle? becouse im trng not to spend very much on this and also i dont now if i cant find it here where i am...it could be difficult..anway if i dosent have a glow box so i have t do it in the oven while this is open..and the oven had to be set on right?
tanks you you ver helpfull!!

anti-babylon

ok sorry if i miss some point of that...just the last thing ...its about 4 days that i running out the supermurket and grocery tryng to find the brf brown rice flour but i acnt find it pure , i mean the similar thing that Iv found its brown and wite flour mixed togheter ....it's the same? or i have to find it only of brown rice? :huh:
thnaks bye!

kinesis_1

try a health food store. brf is a specialty item and a specialty shop should carry it

and if you wish to grow good mushrooms your first investment is gonna have to be a big one. after tht its is relitivly cheap because you can keep making spore prints or grow your favorite strain on agar and save it for future use. also you can you then use just rice method to inoculate 10 jars, then use those 10 jars to inoculate 100 jars. the mushrooms sustain themselves. the perlite and vermiculite are the things you can run out of regularly. and i jus got a bag of verm for 5.56 from the store and perlite was 4.50

good luck