question about micelium

Started by anti-babylon, August 04, 2008, 05:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anti-babylon

hola guys i v just inoculated about 5days ago some jars...
with some very old spore i think...its there any possibility that the spore have running out their effective life time?
i just left them in the sirynge about 12 hours or more before incoluating for rehedrytating them .
but now only one of my jar has stardted to make some white stuff...
the only thing its that it doesnt look like the micelium showned in the pf tek guide...
it seem to be more puffy you now?
i mean less hard and also fluffy.

its a good thing or a a bad thing?
hope i was clear enough.
thank you guys let me know im impatient!

anno

Give it a few more days before you start worrying.

anti-babylon

ok but...sorry if im insisting but i wanna now if the spores can run out their time of beeing active...?
thanks

psilocybin warrior

spores don't last forever, freezing is the best way for storage..I think they can last to around a year frozen.

anti-babylon

oohhh cmon really!?
so i can have used spores that are dead....fuck that man!!
i was supposing thath they live almost one year outa from the fridge...that is nearly the time of my spores ..i mean they have been one year in the housew in a normal place...so theyr dead...

Baphom3t

I've had spores germinate after being in my dresser draw in a ziplock bag for 6 years.
So, No they may still be ok.

Baph

anti-babylon

ok thanks now my doubt are clear about the time...the only thing is that i have inoclated like 7 jars different tipe and just one has get , it seems,
the only things its i cant understend if its about contaminatio n or not..becouse the coloure its white but its also like grey but just some part.....and it doesnt seems like the finilly micelium i mean its more fluffy like mould should do and also i dunno what to do ....maybe it gonna change ?
or its just mould?

a iwas forgetten ...im at like 7 days after inoculation

Baphom3t

BRF cakes can take 2 - 3 weeks to see growth.
Some faster than others.

Get close and sniff the ones where the polyfil is.
If they smell like mushroom then they are ok.
If they smell funky,not like mushroom,toss it out.
Patience is a learned virtue in this hobby. :)

Baph

anti-babylon

what your meaning with polyfil ..?you mean the -filter- ?
i m not using it im like in the glass with tin foil on it , just have 3jars whit lid
also i jest cheked the smell out and they all (the unconolized) smell strong like i dont know what but itisnt mushrooms to me rght now.i think its possible the smell of the vermiculite or maybe of the rye flour

anyway the strange thing its that the onlly conolized one have much less smell its like more soft but i dont recognize also there any mushroom smell....

anyway thank you for asvise so just wanna now when im going to be really warried about uncolonization?
:huh:

Baphom3t

Yes I mean the filter.
Just give it about 2 weeks and if the ones that are uncolonized show nothing,dump them.

Leave the 2 that are colonized.
Mycelium grows slower than contamination.
Most contaminations grow real fast.

Baph