Fuzzy / furry white stuff on my stems

Started by Nashimiron, August 30, 2014, 04:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashimiron

Hi,

Introduction first off - I've just joined this forum and got loads of info from it which has shown me how to get my growing project up to the fruiting stage successfully. For a first timer the info here has been excellent.

I've looked around for answers to this question already, but wasn't sure from the replies I found what the answer is. So I've got my shrooms growing nicely in my fruiting container (a big plastic box) and they have a bright white fur / fuzz growing from the cakes up the stems. They seem to start off with the fur just at the base, and as they grow it grows with them working it's way up the stems. I've attached some pics so you can see what I mean. I don't know if it's cobweb mold or just mycelium, but maybe someone more experienced than me can say for sure.

What do you guys think? What causes this? Too much humidity? Too little humidity?

anno

Nashimiron

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've discovered it might also be not enough air (and oxygen) getting in to them.

So to keep the air flowing through I've made more holes in the container they are in and hopefully the next lot won't be so hairy.