fuzz balls

Started by fungi, September 23, 2004, 10:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fungi

Well I birthed my 100% colonized cakes about two weeks ago, and put them in the fruiting chamber. However they stubbornly refuse to fruit. The mycelium keeps growing producing large white fluffy fuzz balls, but no fruit.

Any suggestions?

vapourboy

QuoteWell I birthed my 100% colonized cakes about two weeks ago, and put them in the fruiting chamber. However they stubbornly refuse to fruit. The mycelium keeps growing producing large white fluffy fuzz balls, but no fruit.

Any suggestions?
[snapback]404[/snapback]

Lower the humidity and temperature. What are they at this moment?

psilly

You might try cold shocking if you're not seeing any pins yet.

Be patient though, I was about ready to give up on my first 5 cakes which were doing the same thing you're describing, then... BAM!  My first flush, big and meaty.

psilly

P.S.- I set my cakes on glass coasters inside the fruiting chamber, makes it easy to lift the cakes and see their undersides without making direct contact with the cakes themselves.  During my first attempt at PF, it's also interesting to note that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the mushrooms in my first flush pinned from the underside of the cake (where condensation was collecting-- presumably due to humidity being too low).  I flipped the cakes over so that the pins were "right side up" and within two weeks I was having a really enjoyable weekend.