just starting a new strain

Started by reality_bender, September 12, 2008, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reality_bender

i plan on incubating the way i understand it is i may be wrong simply fill a tub about 1/3 full of water with a aquarium heater set at about 83 deg f place the second tub for your cakes inside now i have been reading alot about this poly-fil is it necessary for the incubation process i plan on keeping the jars covered so i dont loose any heat any ideas or suggestions welcome thanks...

psilocybin warrior

1/3 might be a little much depending on the size of your tubs, maybe just a few inches or atleast enough for the 2nd tub to become flush with the first. Set your temp at 78-79, jars are 4 degrees warmer on the inside. Polyfill is necessary for colonization of grains, depending on what your incubating will determine whether or not it will be necessary. I usually just throw a dark tight knit towel over the top of the 2nd tub to keep in the heat, also I just take it off every other night and give it a little fan because I usually do grains and like to maintain a somewhat fresh amt of air to allow for more effective gas exchange.