colonization

Started by High4life, September 23, 2008, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High4life

I have a concern about my project. I bought two different strains, tazamanian and pes hawaii strain. I originally started with 6 jars but only used 4 jars that I sterilized and innoculated. I used the steam method since I didnt have a pressure cooker. I let it sterilized for 90 mins. then I let it cool off and proceeded to innoculate 2 jars with the tazamanian and the other 2 jars with the hawaii strain. I didnt used all of the syringe since I had 10 cc and only used 2 cc for each jar. So far no colonization for the 4 jars I innoculated but what startled me was the the jars I didnt use, I didnt even sterlize and didnt innoculate and already they started to colonize. whats going on here? and yes they are kept in 72-79 degrees f.

High4life

forgot to add its been 6 days already

sawkaos

psilocybin warrior

If there not kept at a steady temp the growth of mycelium might fluctuate a little bit, but wait atleast another week and if you don't notice anything the spores could have been bunk. 

How long did you wait after steralization for innoculation?

Let me get clear on this, so the jars that you DID NOT steralize/innoculate are colonizing?....are you sure you diddn't mix the jars up by accident somehow? is it growing mycelium? I wouldnt think so it's probably mold.

It usually takes 7-14 days depending on strain/enviornment for colonization to start.

Patient patient patient!!!!

Baphom3t

"I didnt used all of the syringe since I had 10 cc and only used 2 cc for each jar. "

That's alot for each jar.

"So far no colonization for the 4 jars I innoculated but what startled me was the the jars I didnt use, I didnt even sterlize and didnt innoculate and already they started to colonize. whats going on here?"

The amount you used per jar could be the answer to your problem.
Get rid of the jars you didn't innoc.
If they got shit growing in them then they are contam'd.

Comon man, think about it.
If their is stuff growing in jars you didn't sterilize or innoculate,then it's obvious it's contam'd.

In all honesty,the amount you put per jar(even if it's quart jars),is to much.

Baph

High4life

good news...the two jars with the tazmanian strain started to grow mycelium but the pes hawaii strain shows no signs. And yes the jars I didnt sterlize and didnt innoculate started to colonize...thought that was strange. I went ahead and used up the rest of my syringe and used 3 more jars having a total of 5 jars that have been innoculated. So far its going good. Just worried about my hawaii strain. How long do I have to wait until I know the hawaii strain isnt gonna colonize? I also purchased the strains from http://www.micro-supply.com/mushrooms.htm is that a legit place to buy from?? thanks for the responses

on m 8th day and the tazmanian is lookin good

High4life

I threw away the 2 jars I didnt sterlize and didnt innoculate cuz I figured it was contaminated. can someone give me a better site I can get a strain, I plan on doing two more strains, this time using a pressure cooker. does anyone know if the steam method is better or the pressure cooker is better? I figured both methods are good since. I guess if you cheap you use the steam haha

ima wait 1 more week for the hawaii strain hopefully that strain isnt a lost.

also does anyone reccommend a good strain? I want to know which strain is worth the money. I

thanks for your responses ...helping me alot

psilocybin warrior

www.ralphsterspores.com <---- Great site.
> All cubes are pretty much the same as far as potency, some of the larger fruiting strains ive found were b+ and ive gotten pf-classics to be pretty massive.

Baphom3t

PW said it.
Ralphsters the man.
He's my only vendor  :mellow:

"does anyone know if the steam method is better or the pressure cooker is better?"

Well it depends on how much space you have and time to invest.
If you live with mom or in a dorm then PF TEK is your best bet.
On the other hand,I live with my wife and can PC grains in quart jars and have trays upon trays fruiting at one time.
So it comes down to situation and room.

"also does anyone reccommend a good strain?"

Any Cube will suit your need.
If any I can recommend would be.
Cambodian  (out of stock)
Ecuador
Golden Teacher
Chitwan (One of my favorites) The pic doesn't give this strain justice in any way.
They are a smaller fruiting mushroom but very visual IMO.
Puerto Rican
Taste like ass more than any to me, but are nice.

Baph

High4life

im going to purchase the B+ and the mexi albino strain lets see how these two projects go. thanks for the website, im going to try it out. is it better to purchase already in a syringe or a print?

Baphom3t

"is it better to purchase already in a syringe or a print? "

I dunno.
That's really up to you.
I have prints I have made from grows,and I have syringes.
Syringes are best for innoculating jars.
Prints are best for LC, IMO.

What is you pleasure sir? Is the question to ask in this matter.

My philosophy is,
If you get fruitful return for your time, then time well spent.

Baph

High4life

im lookin for the most potent strain. any suggestions?

High4life

My PES Hawaii Strain and Tasmanian Strain are lookin good, mycelium is slowly gettin there, hope i get a fruitfull batch...

Baphom3t

High4life

definatly will keep you guys updated  and let u know how it goes. So far all jars looks nice except 1, still no signs of colonization. I took some pics but I tried to upload but the file has to be smaller than 128kb and mines are a lil bit over. wanted to show u guys my jars I innoculated. Just waiting with this sour diseal bud I got a few days ago.

would it be ok to grow two different strains of shrooms in the same chamber if its big enough to hold them?

Baphom3t

High4life

High4life

High4life

High4life

beginning stages of tasmanian strain