colonization

Started by High4life, September 23, 2008, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

oops i posted to c ure progrrss in another post, now i c lol  :mellow:

High4life

Yea just stay posted to my forum "Colonization" and you will see my progress in my first project using the PES Hawaii Strain and Tazmanian Strain...also making spore prints for the first time.

High4life

Took New Pictures and its looking real good, Just concerned a little because the weather here just dropped dramatically and its cold. My temperature in my closet dropped from 77 degrees f to 72 degrees f Im thinking of puttin the heat on.

Im going to start out with the picture of the jars where its not colonized all 6 of them right down below

From Left to Right....this first jar is the Hawaii Strain almost colonized but you can see a big spot missing..its getting there

This second Jar is the Tasmanian Strain lookin good

took a picture of my temperture at 72, the jar next to it is the hawaii strain

this jar is the tasmanian strain

This picture is also a tasmanian strain

the last jar at the end quickly colonized faster than the rest of the jars...tasmanian strain

this last picture was taken on the sides where its all colonized

so far its going good but slow. gotta keep my temperature up at a constant rate.

I'll take more pictures either in the mid or end of the week.

:ph34r:

Baphom3t

72 is ok.
They will still colonize.
Don't forget it's about a 3 degree differance from the inside of the jars.
So if it's 72 in the room it's like 75 - 76 in the jars.

Baph

High4life

I just thought since I had it at a constant temp (75) that maybe interrupting the temp might effect the rate which the mycelium colonizes. I turned on the heat only if it went below 72. Im constantly checking the temp just to be on the safe side.

thanx for the advice

High4life

This pic is the Hawaii Strain and Tasmanian Strain (from left to right)

you can see the tasmanian strain is almost fully colonized( 90%)

the rest of the jars are doing good

The last jar at the end is almost there....fully colonized

Baphom3t

You'll fruiting before you know it.
Looking nice.
Keep up the good work.

Baph

High4life

thanxs, right now im playing the waiting game, making sure it gets fully colonized.

feel free to post up your pics on here.

Baphom3t

I had pics on here back when there was a gallery page,hmm don't know what happend to that.

Baph

High4life

psilocybin warrior

they look like the mix is packed down a little much so it will colonize slower, next time around just let it all fall into place n the myc will grow way faster when its loose and airy.

High4life

sorry for not keeping you posted....I had 5 jars that were a success and I soo many shrooms but once dried had around 3 oz. What can I say? I was HIGH 4 a LONG TIME LOL I gotta recommend the HAWAII Strain Kicked ASS, BEST Visual and the Tasmanian Strain had the longest effect. Again Sorry for not taking pics of the first birth and me drying it....Got too excited when I saw the first shroom pop up. This time Im starting 4 new strains and im going to post it up ....... :ph34r:

thanks to all who helped me thru my difficult journey.

High4life

FANG sorry for the late reply but its lookin real good. Keep us updated with your project.

what type of strain are u using?