colonization

Started by High4life, September 23, 2008, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High4life

innoculated these two jars last week and already showing signs of colonization...hoping for a fruitful harvest.

High4life

Today look at the jars

Baphom3t

Looking good man  :mellow: :mellow:

Baph

High4life

everytime I look at it, makes me happy

High4life

im Waiting for the growing process, want to see a fully develop mushroom and take a spore print.  keep a collection of strains for future projects, this is a very cool hobby i picked up from being curious about magic mushroom and how to identify them if I went out picking. I didnt want to take my chance and end up eating a poisonous mushroom and die, and didnt know you can grow this, always thought you had to go pick em out of cow shit...from what I was told before I did my research. 

when its fully colonized is it all white where I cant see the mix, or will it be a lil transparent?

Baphom3t

With BRF most wait for a few pins to show before birthing.
100% colonization mycelium will be dominate.
Example:

Baph

High4life

do i still have to dunk it over night if the cake has pins like your pic? can I just put them  straight to the chamber?

Baphom3t

You can dunk it.
You don't have to wait for any pins if you don't want to.
The pic was more to show what 100% colonization looks like.

Baph

High4life

so its not necessary to dunk it 24 hours? I thought you had to dunk it to create the shock for birthing and to rehydrate the cake.

Baphom3t

"so its not necessary to dunk it 24 hours?"

I dunk mine for 12 hrs.

"I thought you had to dunk it to create the shock for birthing and to rehydrate the cake."

The purpose of dunking is to (re)hydrate the substrate.
Shocking is when people place them in the refrigarator while dunking and it's is not needed IMO.

Just dunk them for at least 12 hrs, then roll in verm and place in FC and await fruiting :)

Baph

High4life

ok when rollin the cake in the verm, I heard you have to sterilize the verm, is that true? and how do I go on about to sterilize the verm?

High4life

new pics of my colonization so far so good, keeping fingers crossed

this last pic has the hawaii and tasmanian strain

psilocybin warrior

Sterilizing the Verm. when rolling is unnecessary.

High4life

is it necessary to roll it in the verm?

psilocybin warrior

Not entirely but It helps you get a little extra outa what you got.

High4life

thanxs for the advice, will have more pics up tomorrow

bluerunner

Hey I've got a question.  Once a jar is birthed, I know that I need to microwave some verm and then dunk the cakes for 12-24 hrs like Baph suggests, and then place them in my fruiting chamber w/ the damp perlite etc. My question is that once birthed do I simply not have to worry that much about my cakes getting contaminated?  I don't understand what keeps the cakes "clean" when we're washing, dunking, and handling these cakes. And also what keeps them "safe" when they are fruiting?

-thanks
Think for yourself, question authority.

Baphom3t

Thread Hijacker  -_-
Start your own thread bluerunner
Maybe I shouldn't answer thread hijackers.

Bluerunner you want a answer bro start your own thread :)

Baph

High4life

tasmanian strain

Hawaii and tasmanian strain

High4life

All 4 are tasmanian strain, and the 1 jar behind the clock/temp is the hawaii strain.

Colonization spreading under the jars...so far so good

Hawaii strain and tasmanian strain...good mycelium.

keepin fingers cross I get a good harvest and no contams.