colonization

Started by High4life, September 23, 2008, 07:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

very nice.... i CANT WAIT for my syringes to come from ralphsters.  My first time and im very excited bout the project (hopefully ill be as successful lol).  Im getting 4 different strains that should be coming soon, sent out last week.

Looking good tho, keep it up and GL!!  R u casing the cakes or just birthing them?

Baphom3t

Those are coming along nicely.  :mellow: :ph34r:
Just let them sit and do their thing.

Baph

High4life

yea im going to do the dunk n roll method as soon i get full 100% Colonization, just excited everything lookin good so far, hope my cakes produce alot of shroomz  :ph34r:

High4life

hey sin2win, what type of strains did you get?
I just recently purchased the strain of the month which was the mexican albino strain, and I ordered the B+, for my next project that Im going to try to do. If you guys have pics of your harvest could u post on here, would be nice to see how it looks like at the end.

sin2win

I ordered "Combodian... Thai-Lipa Yai... Ban Han Thanon... and Mazatepec.. I also picked Chitwan as a sub and now im actually really hopin it comes lol...grrrr I CANT WAIT NO MORE, i just went shoping for my suplies today so im good to go... pc and everything lol.

When i start growing ill post my progress as u did

High4life

Nice picks, I also debated on getting the cambodia strain but went along with the strain of the month. My First strains where purchased the www.micro-supply.com which were the PES HAWAII Strain and the Tasmanian strain. Tasmanian strain colonized faster than the hawaii strain, just interesting how things develop. I didn't use the PC instead I used the steam method for 90 mins and sure enough I got good mycelium growing. I was worried in the beginning of contamination and no growth but the people here told me to have patience and I should start to see something within couple of days and it did. As a beginner I plan to use other methods later down the line to see whats makes the shrooms more potent and what conditions can produce alot of shroomz....just gotta do some more research.

thanks for the link earlier about the oat spawn definatly lookin into that

sin2win

yea, those r actually my other subs (Tazmanian and Hawaiian).  I think im going to boil my cakes also but the PC for the grains... figured i have to get at least ONE right. lol, hopefully!!

Baphom3t

Cambo's are great and are hearty.
They colonize in a decent time and are pretty resistent during fruiting.

@High4life,
All cubes are relatively the same as far as potency,there is just subtle differances in the chemical makeup of each cube strain.

Baph

sin2win

I just checked out the Micro-Supply site and i like that they have syringes for 10$ and their 12cc, thats cool... i got mine from www.ralphstersspores.com, they have a very big variety there and from what i been reading very trustworthy.  Syringes are a lil more (15) but when u get 4 or more their 10$.  thats what i did.

High4life

@Baph, I heard that psilocybin azurescens shrooms that grow on woodchips are more potent than the cubes, im still readin on this...

@sin2win, www.ralphstersspores.com is the website everyone recommended and thats where I just recently bought my two strains from, the B+ and the mexican Albino for my second project.

does anyone have a link to buy a book in this field?

Baphom3t

But psilocybin azurescens is not a Cubensis strain my freind.
That makes a world of differance.

Mycelium Running
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms, 3rd Edition
The Mushroom Cultivator

Are just a few you can buy :)

Baph

High4life

baph have you ever grew psilocybin azurescens?

Baphom3t

No.
I don't want to venture into that until I buy my own property.

Baph

High4life

Have you ever gone picking in the fields?

Baphom3t

With no luck.
They grow in the wild around here but no sucsess when hunting in the wild.

Baph

High4life

I live in Virginia and I've been wanting to go out and pick for some time but don't know where to start. Besides that I'm scared to get a killer mushroom that will send me to my grave...need a guide book with pictures to distinguish them from one another. What if I find a big field nothing but magical shrooms all for the pickin....would be a wonderful day  :ph34r:

psilocybin warrior

There are only a few types of mushrooms that are lethal, mostly amanita's. If your serious about hunting this is a good place to start http://www.shroomery.org/6235/Mushroom-Hunting-FAQ

High4life

thanks for the link, was really helpful.

Got new pictures for the end of this week. So far so good with the 6 jars, just 1 jar never colonized which was the jar behind the clock. wonder what happened.

all 6 jars colonized and in good condition, kept at 75 degress F.

mycelium is growing all around the jar slowly getting to full colonization

almost there....

Baphom3t

Looking good there High4life,won't be to awful long before you'll be fruiting.  :mellow: :mellow:

Baph

High4life

Yea slowly getting there....can't wait to take pictures of my first birth.