Why so high a verm:brf ratio???

Started by CDS, September 26, 2008, 06:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDS

What is the reason for the higher verm:brf ratio than the original PF Tek (3.5:1 whereas original is 2:1). Is this just to offer faster colonization times?

Thanks for any assistance

Baphom3t

What TEK are you refering to,the PF/BRF TEK one on this site,or a BRF TEK on another site?

Verm holds moisture and acts as a spacing within the BRF,so that the mycelium isn't colonizing under compacted conditions, which will cause delayed/slow/No growth conditions.

Baph

CDS

Yes, the PF Tek/Simple Minds on this site, (3.5:1); and the original PF Tek (2:1). I assumed that since this one is newer, the 3.5:1 is an improvement over the original 2:1... I was just wondering why???

Thanks

Baphom3t

I never paid much attention to it actually.  :mellow:
It comes down to experimentation with a TEK of any kind, to find what works for you  -_-
Although I think expeirimenting with a TEK is more understood after a few sucsessful grows and shitloads of research.  ^_^

Asking questions is cool man thats what it's all about.

Baph 

CDS

Quote from: Baph on September 27, 2008, 08:11:31 AMI think expeirimenting with a TEK is more understood after a few sucsessful grows and shitloads of research.

I couldn't agree more- that's why I'm trying to go off others' experiences :)

I figure after I get the requisite knowledge, and when I am fairly sure I can establish a reliable and reproducible control group, I can begin my own experimentation. Hopefully then I can answer some of my current questions and maybe help newcomers with similar over-complicated queries.

-Thanks again