can i boil grain jars?

Started by k12357, September 28, 2008, 07:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k12357

I am about to start my first grain spawn jars.  ive have read that i would absolutly need a pressure cooker when i do grain.  as apposed to just using a pot and boiling like i do with brf cakes.  Im very anxiouse to start this but will not be able to afford a pressure cooker for another 2 weeks.  Can i just boil the grain jars as i do the brf or must i wait for the pressure cooker?
"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

Baphom3t

Wait for a pressure cooker.

Baph

k12357

"We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open."

High4life

i used the steam method...I couldnt afford a pressure cooker, used the pf tek video method and follow it to a T. so far its going good. boil the water but make sure the jars dont touch the water. the steam should be sufficient to steralize the jars.

Baphom3t

@High4life
Maybe he decided to start like I did.
I started out using grain.

PF TEK is good but IMO when you see what grains can do compared to BRF,
It's hands down grains bro.
Casing also makes a BIG positive differance.
A PC isn't that much $$$, if you look hard enough. ;)

Since his question was directed towards grain,and it's in the "cultivation" section and not the PF section,I don't see what help you could give.<< No disrespect intended.
Grains hold Endospores they need to be soaked overnight and then PC'd according to the TEK.

BRF is not that way.
And henceforth can be steam sterilized,unlike grain(s).
Here is the differance between grain(s) and BRF.
Please Read

Grains

PF/BRF TEK

It kinda comes back down to the equation.  -_- -_- :mellow:

Baph