Fungifun - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Author Topic: objective:high yield  (Read 3654 times)

frankiller

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
    • Email
objective:high yield
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

hi all! i check google with my question but i don't see any answer. the question is; what to do to have really HUGE yield(gram/cake/flush).

i found that :
 -substrate birdseed seem to be a high yelding solution
-dunk can give 10%/15% more shroom on a cake
-a casing can double a cake yield
-perfect humidity ans temperature can change yield
-polyfil lid (grain substrate)
-..thats it...

but what is the strain to use for yield? (ref. link if possible)
anything to know for bigger yield???
Logged

Baphom3t

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 762
    • View Profile
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »

This really should be in the general topic area  -_-

Grains will result in larger yeilds.
Casing will result in more yeild per tray than non cased.
Dunking is more for rehydration of the substrate because the substrate losses alot of water during a flush.
Humidity, F.A.E , and Temps is needed and should be regulated.
Polyfil acts as a filter patch of sorts for gas exchange during colonization.

The best strain to use for a larger yeild is any strain.
You have to isolate the most vigorus mycelium,which is done on LC.
Outdoor azerus beds can get quite big if I'm not mistaken,but the time involved in doing woodlovers doesn't work for me.

Baph
Logged

frankiller

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »


The best strain to use for a larger yeild is any strain.
You have to isolate the most vigorus mycelium,which is done on LC.



isolate the most vigorous mycelium done on LC....? :huh:
i know that lc is for "liquid culture"; somewhat to do whit mycelium... some help plz? i try to search but any serious result...that like...Mycelium Inoculation Technique??(http://www.fungifun.org/English/Mycelium)

i'm so noob......

thanks to all!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:44:02 PM by frankiller »
Logged

Baphom3t

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 762
    • View Profile
Logged

frankiller

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »

another time; thanks to you baph.

genetic selection  :mellow: that's hot! (and very interesting)

i really like the 2nd link:

That means, if you were to use multispore innoculation on 10 jars, only 7.5% of your jars would be of the very best fruiting genotype. One jar would have mostly (75%) great fruiting genes and only a little bit (25%) of garbage sprinkled around it. All the rest of your jars, would have 75% that wasn't quite as good, and 25% that weren't good at ALL.

With strain isolation, you can take that 7.5% that is ultimate, and make it 100% of your crop. All 10 jars, would be 100% full of that very best 7.5% of your genetic pool


selecting best genetic, i'll do it soon...

byebye!

Logged

frankiller

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »

i read non-stop about lc, agar and all that shit but

hum; just to be sure of what i've read: i must transfer my "super mycellium" on many other agar to have a good quantity of "super mycellium", transfer all that  mycellium on grain to create spawn; and use spawn for colonizing my substrate jar ... i'm right or i can pass direct from "super mycellium" to final substrate?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:05:48 AM by frankiller »
Logged

Baphom3t

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 762
    • View Profile
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »

To get your ""super mycellium" you have to transfer from agar to agar in order to ensure isolation then you can do more agar transfers to increase the amount of mycelium.
When you get the amount of mycelium you desire,you then innoculate the grain jars with pieces of the grown "super mycellium" and colonize as normal.

Baph

Logged

frankiller

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: objective:high yield
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »

thanks for precision; i read the page of a guy who transfer all mycelium in one grain jar, colonize the jar and after that, transfer the content of the jar in hardwood..
Logged