Oat spawn

Started by tenaglia, October 02, 2008, 09:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenaglia

is oat a good grain to make spawn? :huh:

Baphom3t

You can use Whole Oat Grain.  :mellow:
I would think that you'd treat it like Rye,WBS,Wheat or any other grain.
I had no luck looking for a Oat Grain TEK since replying to this,I'll look more as time permits.
But it can't be much differant in getting the right moisture content :D

Baph

enno

yea oat is great ,
i soak it for 24 hours(i change the water a few times when soaked),
i wash it good and throw it into boiling water,lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes,
wash again with cold water and strain for about an hour,
pc'ing for 75 minutes,
i find that oats colonize real fast.

goodluck

Baphom3t

That sounds interesting enno.
I may have to try this.
Can you write up a "proper" TEK, or is it the same as Rye and/or Wheat as far as moisture content?

Baph

enno

hey baph
yea i think that its same procedure,i dont relly use rye because i find oats and millet to work better(for me),as for wheat i think that soaking it for 5-7 hours and simmer for 15 minutes is all you need,but i use it only for cakes combined with millet(30 wheat,70 millet) and it works like a charm.
i get my oats from a bird store and it comes really dirty so when i soak it and change the water(3,4 times) when soaked i do it with very hot water(from the faucet) i simmer it just untill i see a few grains open,after that i wash it with cold water and strain it for about an hour(if i have the time i leave it in a colander coverd in the fridge over night,i find that i get the perfect water content this way),after i put it in jars,i have half a gallon jars that i use and for some reason i decided to pc them for 75 minutes and untill now it works great with no contams,i use polyfill for AE and i usally do g2g which i find to be the easiest(i find the when doing g2g from a new master jar my half gallon jars colonize in about 10 days ,i shake it when 30 % or so, and if i use the jar that colonized as a master jar it will colonize slower and so on,for millet and oats,i dont know if its the same for other grains),i think that oats colonize a little bit faster but both are great.

High4life

interesting...Im going to look into that, do you have website you can post to check it out?

Baphom3t

@High4life,
I searched my ass off to find a Oat Grain TEK and have had no luck.
This is a TEK that needs to be written in a "proper" TEK style and slapped up here.

@enno,
I use this TEK for wheat . http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6695865/an/0/page/0

At any rate,It's a TEK I may have to persue :)

Baph

Baphom3t

Baph looks at Anno thinking,
Damn,where you at on this one man?
I know you know a Oat TEK.

Baph

enno

hey baph
i can write it,  if you guys wont find one b4.

i use broken wheat and it breaks if soaked to much,i will try the tek you sent,
how does it work for you?

a wheat,millet cake,

enno

sorry,the link doesnt work i will try it laterz,got to go.

High4life

yea let us know how to go on about the oat procedure, really interested but had no luck lookin on da web...I really want to try your method.

Baphom3t

" will try the tek you sent,how does it work for you?"

It works well.
No it's 100% Wheat Berries,it's not mixed with anything else.

I'd like to see your Oat TEK.
Write one up.
I'm looking for the 100% Oat Grain TEK. :)

Baph

enno

damn yo,i wrote here for an hour and when i tried to load pics,a message told me that theres an error and when i tried to go back it was all gone and it sucks.
i dont have allot of time on my hands this days but i  will write it again soon i hope.

i tried to write it in teks but how do you do it?

Baphom3t

Load images at http://photobucket.com/
You can't put TEKs in the TEKs section of the site you have to put it here in the forums.

Baph

High4life

yea photobucket works