Spores for a beginner?

Started by sin2win, October 06, 2008, 12:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

Hello all, I've been reading over the forum and doing a little research and I have a few questions for experienced growers...

1.  I'd like my 1st specimen to grow fairly fast (I plan on getting them from Ralphsterspores and ive heard Cambodian or Brazilian r good for beginners)  what would you recommend??

2.  How long do they usually take (at 85) and as I'm in Chi how does outside temp affect them (as winter is coming up and i might do it in the basement)??

3.  How much does say 1 syringe produce on average in a standard (1 pt or 1/2 pt) jar (oz.,  half oz, QP,  etc...) or what size would u recommend ??  I plan on getting 4 syringes with 2 different types (should i get them all the same and do they expire or anything like that??)

4.  What is the best (most potent) type of spore you've had from past experiences?  Has any1 had the "Golden Teacher" or the "B+"??  How are the "Brazilians"??

5.  I plan to use the PF-tek method, following Utube vids... Its says i dont need a PC as i could just boil (steam) them.  What is ure opinion on this and what are the advatages of a PC?

6.  I was thinking about getting the grow buddy software,  does any1 have that and is it worth getting?

7.  Ive seen 2 different methods,  the jars with the lids (4 holes and tape) and just normal drinking glasses where they were topred with 2 layers or aluminum foil.  Which method is better and more succesful? 

Thank You for you're time and advice.  I hope to get started soon and I must say, I'm very excited.

psilocybin warrior

1.  I'd like my 1st specimen to grow fairly fast (I plan on getting them from Ralphsterspores and ive heard Cambodian or Brazilian r good for beginners)  what would you recommend??

> Anything Cube, doesn't really matter. Get what you want the most and well help you along the way.

2. How long do they usually take (at 85) and as I'm in Chi how does outside temp affect them (as winter is coming up and i might do it in the basement)??

> For pf-tek it varies depending on how tightly you pack the jars or the amt of water.  Im in Chi too, If you plan on doing it out in the open buy a portable temp. gauge and buy a couple of space heaters and you will be fine. But it all depends on your setup, if your using one fc. you could incubate it.

3.  How much does say 1 syringe produce on average in a standard (1 pt or 1/2 pt) jar (oz.,  half oz, QP,  etc...) or what size would u recommend ??  I plan on getting 4 syringes with 2 different types (should i get them all the same and do they expire or anything like that??)

> 1 syringe I use to innoc. 5 pint grain jars. Each cake might give a max yield of a quarter o Id say tops.  Since you are a beginner start with pint jars.  They expire eventually it all depends on how you store them, anywhere from months to about a year or so.

4.  What is the best (most potent) type of spore you've had from past experiences?  Has any1 had the "Golden Teacher" or the "B+"??  How are the "Brazilians"??

> There usually generally the same as far as potency but the chem ratio's do vary but nothing extreme.  I've had them all, Golden Teachers were a mix of visual and body and not so much head fuck, B+ I found to be extremely visual especially on the come up but maybe thats cuz I use a strong substrate. Its all pretty much preference, I would 4 diff syringes and then you could see what you like working with more since this is all based off experience.

5.  I plan to use the PF-tek method, following Utube vids... Its says i dont need a PC as i could just boil (steam) them.  What is ure opinion on this and what are the advatages of a PC?

> That's correct, you don't need to pressure cook the pf-tek so boiling them is fine.  PCookers are mainly used for grains so worry about a pc later.

6.  I was thinking about getting the grow buddy software,  does any1 have that and is it worth getting?

> Never heard of it, I wouldn't use it.

7.  Ive seen 2 different methods,  the jars with the lids (4 holes and tape) and just normal drinking glasses where they were topred with 2 layers or aluminum foil.  Which method is better and more succesful?

> Comes back to personal preference, essentially does the same thing. 

P.W.

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.   <---"Bill Hicks"

sin2win

TY, that helps a lot.  I will give it a shot and c how it goes, got my fingers crossed.  I'm sure ill have more questions when I start lol, but I'm glad i  found this forum... Looks like i just might succeed with some help