dunk before fruiting?

Started by sin2win, October 08, 2008, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sin2win

Can you dunk the cake for 12hr (cold water in the fridge) before ure first fruiting, after the incubation period or only after a flush??  Also, when u dunk is it ok just to put a  1/2 pint cake into a little bigger jar?

OFF TOPIC-  When fruting, can u put as many cakes as u'd like into ure chamber as long as u got space.  I read that as u need at least 2 inches between cakes, is that ok?

sin2win

Srry more questions lol.   -What is the best was to mass produce.  which method used gives the most shrooms.  When using the grains and getting a single strain (making lots of jars from 1 jar) can u make a really big bed/casing.
- also after a cake is colonized can u store it in a fridge to stall the process (like if i want to grow it later?? If yes than how Long?

Baphom3t

To be honest you should search the forum.
I have made posts in the past 3 days talking about both of your questions.

To answer your 1st post,

NO less than 12 hrs.
A fridge is not needed for cubes.
You dunk after each flush.
You dunk according to what your sub is in.
I just pour water in my trays and let it sit for 12 hrs and then dump the water out.

2nd post,
Isolation is the best way.

"When using the grains and getting a single strain (making lots of jars from 1 jar) can u make a really big bed/casing."

Sure, it's called bulk growing.

"also after a cake is colonized can u store it in a fridge to stall the process (like if i want to grow it later?? If yes than how Long?"

Yes, you can stall them but I am not sure for how long.
Why stall a good thing :D

Baph

sin2win

TY,  My main question is tho...  should u dunk the cake b4 fruiting (birthing) it.. the first time before the 1st flush.  every other thing i was just making sure of.  Thx again

Baphom3t

Once your slap the cake out of the jar you submerge it in water.
After the dunk, you roll in verm and place in FC and await fruiting. :)

Baph