Contamination after birth?

Started by bluerunner, October 08, 2008, 12:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerunner

I don't really see the point...  Is it bad taste to ask a similar question associated with a current thread?  If so, I apologize.  I thought you'd prefer me asking a related question in an already existing thread.  Doesn't make a difference to me, I just want your mycological guidance Baph. :)

Quote from: bluerunner on October 08, 2008, 06:36:38 AM
Hey I've got a question.  Once a jar is birthed, I know that I need to microwave some verm and then dunk the cakes for 12-24 hrs like Baph suggests, and then place them in my fruiting chamber w/ the damp perlite etc. My question is that once birthed do I simply not have to worry that much about my cakes getting contaminated?  I don't understand what keeps the cakes "clean" when we're washing, dunking, and handling these cakes. And also what keeps them "safe" when they are fruiting?

-thanks
Think for yourself, question authority.

Baphom3t

"I don't really see the point...  Is it bad taste to ask a similar question associated with a current thread?"

It's quite simple actually.
It's called Hijacking.
It's a question you have,that should be started by yourself to get the answer you want by not getting it mixed up with the original starter of the thread.

To answer your question,
You don't need to nuke the verm it is optional.

"My question is that once birthed do I simply not have to worry that much about my cakes getting contaminated? "

No,that's why RH,FAE,and Temps are so important.
Proper enviornment provides less chance of contams and shit.(along with sterile pratices)

"I don't understand what keeps the cakes "clean" when we're washing, dunking, and handling these cakes. And also what keeps them "safe" when they are fruiting? "

Once a cake is 100% colonized or grain is cased after 100% colonization, the chance of contam drops due to the fact that the Mycelium is fully dominant.

No harm,No foul bluerunner.  :ph34r:

Baph