Multi Spore Liquid Culture With Pan Cyan

Started by g fung, October 10, 2008, 03:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g fung

I have read that the pan cyan mycelium is not as robust as cube mycelium. Now I am wondering what I am to expect with my multispore liquid culture (4% honey 96% water). In other words, how hard is it to tell when you are good to go with the formentioned parameters?
Thank you.

Baphom3t

g fung

It's just strange b/c I know that the spores were viable and I know that the incubation parameters are correct. I inoculated w.b.s. one day before the liquid culture and the w.b.s. is 35%.  It could be that the ratio of honey to water is too sweet and thus toxic. It could be that honey is just not a suitable nutrient for pan. cyan. Has anyone ever heard of an alcohol covered cotton ball used for sterilizing, sterilizing 1.5ml of multi-spore inoculate?

psilocybin warrior

I've never heard of that, maybe try another nutrient source. Or it might just be because theyre pans.

g fung

8 days and I noticed some tiny tiny floaters. It is hard to determine whether or not it is mycellium, spores or just debris suspended in the solution. Keep in mind that the bird seed that I inoculated 9 days ago with the same syringe are 75% colonized. Next time I will try several nutrient sources (in separate containers with each formula duplicated) and peptone in the duplicates of the formulas. Peptone is after all only $20.

I have my doubts on the peptone though. If the spores don't sprout then the peptone can't do anything other than stimulate an unwanted secondary organism.

Also, I will try to clone to a reliable LC to eliminate the any variables associated with innoculateing with a multispore suspension.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

g fung

Impatient as usual! I got wisps! Looking forward to baby jellyfish.