Help !! Been in FC for a week

Started by voigtster, October 18, 2008, 07:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voigtster

I have 9 cakes in FC for over a week and only some a few spots on each cake where there is some puffy growth. I see no pins,I started these jars on the 21st of last month and did everything right per PF-Tek, i gettn worried about them any body have any idea whats going on, the conditions are 99 Rh and Temps between 65-72 deg and im using a light on them about 9 hrs a day....I wish i had a camera to shoot pics....Im about to eat the cakes..LOL

High4life

when fully colonized did you dunk the cakes in water for atleast 24 hours? Usually the cold shock triggers birthing in the cakes.

Just wait and give it more time, be patient I'd give it another week to start to see anything.

Baphom3t

Cakes can take upto 3 weeks to see fruiting.

Baph

zoomer

psilocybin warrior

I remember when I was a noob it took nearly 4 weeks to fruit puerto ricans on pf cakes, so be patient.

voigtster

YEEE HAAA got some cakes making magic !!!! I have 9 in there now and 3 are taking off so far. As for the dunk in water for 24hr is that best and how do i go about doing that i never seen that tek before. I have 9 more im waiting to become fully colonized, maybe i will give that a shot!! Thanks to all of you for your help...

Baphom3t

"As for the dunk in water for 24hr is that best and how do i go about doing that i never seen that tek before."

24 hrs is not needed.You can dunk for 12 and be just fine.
Are your cake cased or are you just fruiting the cakes without casing?
If your cakes are in trays just pour water in the tray and drain after 12 hrs.
IF your cakes are not in trays,you can put your cakes in a cooler after it's been properly cleaned/sterilized.

Baph